Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier - Page 110 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st May 2007, 10:34 AM   #1091
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Lol Carlos, its is from a Monty Python movie...

To wink is when you close one eye... like when you share a secret with someone...

To nudge someone is like pushing someone to do something...

Here is the original clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVJOP1RdHC4
Old 1st May 2007, 12:35 PM   #1092
diyAudio Member

Say no more....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dxa.jpg (18.9 KB, 455 views)
Old 1st May 2007, 01:01 PM   #1093
diyAudio Member

Default No conversation, between friends, about this subject here...ahahaha.

Normally people do not discuss those things in my country....as a rule, a matter of respect ...all those are enormous secrets...this is IF i have understood the meaning of the conversation.

Also hard to understand that language...was that English?...was hard to understand more than 30 percent of words said.

This is something local, and to your place language...to English spoken countries..for sure i have never listened things about Mount Python or something alike.

World channels are something i use to watch...only CNN, Discovery, Animal and Hystory Channel.

No problem man...but i aint tell you those things too..ahahahha.

I feel that not a normal conversation in your land too.....at least...it seems.

relax and be happy.

regards,

Carlos
Old 1st May 2007, 02:33 PM   #1094
diyAudio Member

found first mistake... shop marked 47R as 4R7

Attached Images
File Type: jpg error1.jpg (10.4 KB, 384 views)
Old 1st May 2007, 03:27 PM   #1095
diyAudio Member

one down....
Old 1st May 2007, 04:24 PM   #1096
diyAudio Member

Default Yep...this one will not bother you....the sonics would be with excessive treble with

those ones...also power would be smaller....and bass strange.

This one will not bother us anymore.

point to you!

regards,

Carlos
Old 1st May 2007, 05:02 PM   #1097
diyAudio Member

2 points!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dxa2.jpg (15.4 KB, 408 views)
Old 2nd May 2007, 08:29 AM   #1098
diyAudio Member

Default Two "hard to be satisfied" folks are testing the final board, one is my friend Greg

But do not think that Greg will be kind with me if perceive something wrong...hehe...negative...he has loyalty with the truth only.

Another terrible one is testing.....that other Aussie belongs to those group of guys that apreciate details....distortions you cannot listen...waveforms around 100 kilohertz...well...if passed by that other guy, the board will be aproved for ever and ever.

The Dx Corporation plans, the celebration plans is to finish the Kilowatt Design...... " D Thunderstorm X "..... a clean kilowatt amplifier...... thousand watts undistorted to power holic folks....i am thinking to do it using AC Computer Voltage regulators...those 220 to 110 Volts AC with electronic output voltage regulation...two in series will provide 2000 watts of energy...will be alike a good AC transformer having 110 plus 110 volts...but i have to test if this idea will work fine.

The construction of the prototype will depend on this, as those units in brazil, those transformers, are costing less than 25 dollares each one!...people use to reduce 220VAC mains to stabilized 110VAC...it has a chip that senses input variation and switch using relays another transformer tape to control the output voltage.

That switching may be the problem...noises and differences in switch timing may produce different output..... so..... will need some testings to see, in the real world, if will work fine or not.

Beeing Higher voltage, the need of enormous electrolitic condenser will be reduced...but transistors will be more expensive to hold this voltage.

It will be the normal Dx amplifier, re-calculated to higher voltage, and having reduced voltage to bias and differential to control the excess of output..... those ones will be bridged.

Simple like that..... working fine, at least in Brazil, the cost of that Kilowatt unit will be extremelly small compared with other options.

This is "what is cooking" inside our minds... the supporting partner are discussing this as a future possibility.

I will repeat...will depend of this new board aproval...and also the testing that will be made with AC voltage regulators.

" Are you tired of your old speaker?...wanna buy other?... has not courage?.... D Thunderstorm X will provide you solution for that...hehe.... the old speaker will not be enougth anymore! "

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg really...oh no.jpg (73.7 KB, 302 views)
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:33 AM   #1099
diyAudio Member

would it be a problem if I paralelled 2 10R resistors for 5 ohm in stead of 4.7 ohm?

And can I use 100uf on the power rail in stead of 220... all I can find in box right now.

Do I just bridge the E-links? and run the zobel from the ZE place, in place of the yellow routing line?
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:46 AM   #1100
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
would it be a problem if I paralelled 2 10R resistors for 5 ohm in stead of 4.7 ohm?

And can I use 100uf on the power rail in stead of 220... all I can find in box right now.

Do I just bridge the E-links? and run the zobel from the ZE place, in place of the yellow routing line?
Hi Nordic,

2 x 10R will be OK.

100uF will be OK.

Yep, just link elinks.

Run a earth wire from ZE to a earth of your choice.

regars

Hide this!Advertise here!