Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th April 2007, 06:17 AM   #1001
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Yep R7 and R8 !

Be glad you don't go to this guy's dentist.... at least he has an ipod.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 24th April 2007, 11:42 AM   #1002
kvholio is offline kvholio  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Yeah, and a gun too !
This guy's dentist will think twice before doing a painfull rootcanal on him.

Well, since i'll have to wait for 2 psu-caps i've ordered,
for now i decided to do some p2p.

Top:

bottom:

caps are 2x100nF/2x10.000uF/2x1000uF/2x220uF/2x100nF

Best regards,

Klaas
Old 24th April 2007, 02:56 PM   #1003
diyAudio Member

Default It is all rigth, also resulted pretty.

Those P2P remember my young moments, when was very easy to find those boards in my country.

Looks pretty, and enougth for the amplifier, beeing small enougth.

Will two audio boards, this supply board and the transformer fit inside the case you have?

Find, in your job, 1 to 2 milimeters thick steel plate to install between your transformer and the audio board...as beeing so near it may transfer mains noise....electromagnetic pulses will be captured into your wires and will be transfered to the audio circuit.

This way, some low level hum can be there, together your nice sonics.

Transformer can be magnetically shielded this way...using steel..not the inoxidable steel...nor aluminium

If you decide by a toroidal transformer, your problem will be smaller.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shield.jpg (46.8 KB, 664 views)
Old 24th April 2007, 03:39 PM   #1004
kvholio is offline kvholio  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Will two audio boards, this supply board and the transformer fit inside the case you have?
Yes Carlos, but it will be a tight fit.
Without the transformer it looks like this - i added a printout of the stereo amplifier-pcb for illustration

The transformer goes on top of this, it's essentially
a 2-story building.

Transformer and mains input-wiring go on top, rectifiers, caps and amplifier sit at the bottom.
This way i also make use of the vertical distance, hopefully this will keep me out of trouble.

If this configuration causes audible hum
i can get upto 4 mm steelplate ,
if i bend it in an angle it could go under and behind the toroid.

best regards,

klaas
Old 24th April 2007, 04:00 PM   #1005
diyAudio Member

Hang the transformers from the roof?
Old 24th April 2007, 04:59 PM   #1006
diyAudio Member

In the past I have put the entire power supply under the floor boards, brought DC up using cooker cable, and fitted just one pair of high value rail capacitors at the amplifier, which was no more than one little ali box with heatsink behind each loudspeaker.

Worked very well and hardly noticeable. All cables were under the floorboards too; just modified a couple of wall electrical boxes and drilled blanking plates to suit.

Cheers ......... Graham.
Old 24th April 2007, 05:19 PM   #1007
diyAudio Member

Lol yeah that would be the best place to set the house on fire... under the floorboards... please tell me you changed this setup since....
Old 24th April 2007, 05:29 PM   #1008
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to -_nando-_ Send a message via Skype™ to -_nando-_
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Yep R7 and R8 !

Be glad you don't go to this guy's dentist.... at least he has an ipod.

WHAT THE F$*(&* IS THIS !?

How is the DX amp progress ? How much power it can deliver ?

Symasym topic seems to be dead

Best Regards !

(I'll have a nightmare with this picture)
Old 24th April 2007, 06:22 PM   #1009
diyAudio Member

Not Wednesday yet can't wait to get the trannies, although there was a mixup with the doctors appointment and that is now tommorrow at 10, hopefully I feel good enough after, to go pick them up.,

It is a Mursi....The Mursi women are famous for wearing plates in their lower lips. These lip discs are made of clay. Girls are pierced at the age of 15 or 16.

The Mursi (or Murzu) are a nomadic cattle herder ethnic group located in Ethiopia, close to the Sudanese border. The estimated population of the Mursi is 6 to 10,000. Which is pretty much what you can expect if you want to walk about like that...

In your neck of the woods, the Suya indians from Brasil also wear lip disks...
http://www.leslietaylor.net/gallery/indian/1Suya-1.jpg
and the Kayapo
http://www.leslietaylor.net/gallery/...1Kayapo-14.jpg
Old 24th April 2007, 07:15 PM   #1010
diyAudio Member

Default Caiapo people is beautifull.... removing the botoques, those wooden pieces they use

to enlarge mouth, they are very pretty folks...that one is a nigthmare, remembers me Nazi propaganda before second world war....well, some native people from Africa make this exactly to look bad and to scare enemies..so...the dressing is working fine....but do not even try to kiss them..ahahaha.

Try to see Caiapós young girls....hummmmm...teenagers around 17 years old...they have beautifull faces, also others, alike Carajás and Ianomani.

We have millions...we did not exterminate our indians...at least they survived the first Europeans that arrived....they were not baptised, so, considered not humans during hundred years beeing this way ... what an ignorance we had in ancient times.

Nice cultural things..thanks Nordic....also thanks Nando because of the comments..... return to the begining of the thead dear Nando, explain all that thing agains sclucks...ahahahahha, cannot use other word...try to imagine was what slucks.... um peinte nos meus bells

.................................................. .................................................. .

Thank you dear Klass..... very nice construction.... very holland one....really form Nederlands.....i cannot forget the Philips comes from Eidhoven, holland...... your worries about corrective maintenance was fine.

I am sorry to say that you will not have maintenance to make in this amplifier...having 40 to 50 miliamps current during stand by mode..... no traces of AC signal in the output...not having small oscilations, not having fluctuating off set (unstabilities) or not producing shorts in the output unfused wires (if forget those fuses)...it will delay decades till you will need to open it...maybe to see if there are spiders or cucaroach inside..but not for failures.

You tried to kill it....you have used a 1000 watts hair drier (or 800 watts) and you could kill it!.... hard to kill, this is the Dx amplifier.

* "hard to kill"... Dx Corporation, Marketing Department files... title number E0029834747778328378467383/12

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!