Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes

C5, 9, 14 & 17 may all have to be reviewed. You may have to add a cap from A to C and across R19.

On a quite different tack, I suggest you reduce R18 and very significantly increase C6.
As I understand it, for output transistors MJ15003/MJ15004 changes need to be in schematics-see this schematics!?:rolleyes:
C3 = C6 =220uF/50V and R15 = R18 = 56R/2W.

Attachments

• dx amplifier-dx amplifier schematic-2.JPG
    dx amplifier-dx amplifier schematic-2.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 682
Last edited:
Not needed to replace or change parts.

This is a fully tested amplifiers..hundreds have assembled and no problems and no complaint about.

Observe the date when this amplifier was released..and was based into Hugh Dean's Aksa 55 that was in the professional audiophile market since 2005... so, two ears before the release of the Dx amplifier.

This kind of circuit is in the market since the seventies.... all brands have made amplifiers using this topology... all them...including the small English companies and German companies...all over the world...all them including Marantz and Macintosh use this schematic...as also guitar amplifiers..so.... more than 40 years around.....our Dx amplifier is from 2007...so...6 years old, tested, proved reliable and hundreds have assembled.

Just install your output transistors and be happy.

Mr. AndrewT is not our representative, nor our consultant...so... his opinions are his opinions.. and you can see his opinions applied in his several amplifiers published (none).

Dx amplifier line of audio amplifiers has several other models, more modern, that may be interesting for you to try...for instance.... search for Dx Blame ST and Dx Super A...and there are much more to come.

In this same forum you have:

Dx HRII
Dx Precision
Dx Trust
Dx DHR Turbo
Dx Troyan
Dx Blame ES, ST
Dx MKII Supercharged
Dx MKIII
Dx Super A

And to come... Dx Apocalypto, Dx Armagedon, Dx Boom and Dx Mako.

I suggest you to search the line of amplifiers designed by Mr. Andrew T and select some to your use..they may be good as he has a lot of opinions to post in other people thread.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Any change needed.

Go ahead and be happy.

Use your transistors..also 37V.... will work great!

You gonna dance...will feel good.

But read the thread...do not build without follow all technical advises and trips and tricks...in special if you are new guy in this practice...errors produces smoke...one wire disconnected from the thermal control and two nice (and expensive) transistors will travel to the paradise with one way ticked...dead!

regards,

Carlos

Read the thread...the entire thread...do not build before you have readed

the whole thread..from the first post to the last post.

Do it unless you are better than me and do not need to read....but if you are better than me you will not build this amplifier, as i have made several better ones..so..if you are better than me you will not be building this.

If you decide to build this one...means you do not know more than uncle charlie...and if you do not know more than uncle charlie...accept the advise of this old man here that wants to help you.

Read before move....be carefull if you are not skilled....and if you are skilled than be much more carefull..because old folks, skilled alike i am, are a lot proud and have a lot of self belief and this produces lack of attention and usually we, skilled buggers, use to burn much more circuits than the beginners does, because they are afraid and have respect by the circuit....we...skilled...we think we can do it with blind eyes..and this stupid belief drive us to make a lot of mistakes.

regards,

Carlos

This is a fully tested amplifiers..hundreds have assembled and no problems and no complaint about.

Observe the date when this amplifier was released..and was based into Hugh Dean's Aksa 55 that was in the professional audiophile market since 2005... so, two ears before the release of the Dx amplifier.

This kind of circuit is in the market since the seventies.... all brands have made amplifiers using this topology... all them...including the small English companies and German companies...all over the world...all them including Marantz and Macintosh use this schematic...as also guitar amplifiers..so.... more than 40 years around.....our Dx amplifier is from 2007...so...6 years old, tested, proved reliable and hundreds have assembled.

Just install your output transistors and be happy.

Mr. AndrewT is not our representative, nor our consultant...so... his opinions are his opinions.. and you can see his opinions applied in his several amplifiers published (none).

Dx amplifier line of audio amplifiers has several other models, more modern, that may be interesting for you to try...for instance.... search for Dx Blame ST and Dx Super A...and there are much more to come.

In this same forum you have:

Dx HRII
Dx Precision
Dx Trust
Dx DHR Turbo
Dx Troyan
Dx Blame ES, ST
Dx MKII Supercharged
Dx MKIII
Dx Super A

And to come... Dx Apocalypto, Dx Armagedon, Dx Boom and Dx Mako.

I suggest you to search the line of amplifiers designed by Mr. Andrew T and select some to your use..they may be good as he has a lot of opinions to post in other people thread.

regards,

Carlos

Hi Mr.
I want to know your opinion about your favorite amplifier.
Can you help?
Thanks.
Thimios.

dx

thimios try dx-amp, they are good amp and easy to build

Hi norazmi
I had built many diy amplifiers in the past.
some of them
LFA 150(elektor)
Crescendo milenium(elektor)
Hexfet amplifier(elektor)
Nmos 200
SR- 200 studio reference(apex)
AX-11(apex)
This time i'm looking for a DX amplifier.
I repeat the question about the most recomended DX amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.