Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
now i test and adjust the offset on output terminal and it reads. 1.0 and my multimeter was set to 200mV. i think this is ok. any opinions?

i have a hard time in tweaking the bias (VR3), the values in my Meter continue to increase. i leave it about 600mV and now it reads 636mV. are there any problem or is this normal? the amp is almost 30mins powered on.

Hum can be your supply filtering... or bad input coaxial cable

or because you are using MP3/4 player in the input.

There's no registered complains about hum in this amplifier...you are the first to report this.

Power on thump is normal in this amplifier.

Current drift from cold to normal operation and hot operation is normal too.

Differences of stand by current when you measure the positive rail compared to the negative rail is also normal...this amplifier sucks more current in the positive rail because of zener current you have in the positive rail

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Hi Carlos

Nice project :D , Trying to build these amp , but can i use the

2SA1302 & 2SC3281

2dukpqv.jpg

to subtitute the 2SA1943 & 2SC5200 ?

hi , there are somes photographs of the pcb alone, and the populated pcb,this amp work quite well i tested it with b&w speakers ..its great,no hum , no hiss,easy to adjust as long as you follows instructions on greg web site ,as someone previously said if i can do it everyone can do it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yes, you can substitute by H1061

It is cousin of the 2SC1061..... a little bit more strong but seems that belong to the same family.... you can also use TIP41C and TIP42C to all amplifier positions...i did that at home...even the differential have used TIP42C.

Result was not that good because TIP41C/42C are low speed transistors...but worked fine too.... i little bit slow i think, treble use to be better when using BD139/140.... these ones are the best sounding devices (if we can say transistor sounds), as work very well with colector voltages up to 40 volts.

Depending your substitutions you may have different adjustment to the bias trimpot, also the off set trimpot...but this will be the worst case scenario.

Be happy, enjoy, publish pictures..if you did, then publish more.

The more modern versions are more efficient as result of better construction techniques, higher speed and higher dissipation

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 2SC1061.pdf
    116.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
BD139 and BD140 are complementary pair this means that they have exactly the same parameters but different polarity one is NPN and the other is PNP.
In your case there is no complement according to the datasheet so it is not suitable. You can try MJE 340/350 , 2SC4793/2SA1837 , MJE 15030/15031 , TIP41/42 and so many others.
But in DX amplifer schematic, only use BD 139, not use BD 140

Status
Not open for further replies.