Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice Eva, thank you as you are sharing images and ideas with us

Interesting point of view, also the place, the philosophy and the pictures.

Thank you,

Feel yourself confortable to share such kind of things, seems to me moderators are tollerant with my personnal style while conducting thread, they accept some human content without interference.

We have only to alternate from electronics and personnal, the way you did, this way everything will be all rigth and pleasant to everybody.

Unbeliavable!, you are the first person on earth, that i knew dislike pizza!, i found yesterday one guy that hate Chocolate, this one should be dissecated to understand what he has inside, maybe the guy is from Mars or other place.

I am stressed about humans, needing to take a rest in a place alike the one you show, but i would be up the hill and absolutelly alone for a couple of days to tune myself with the Universe.

I think you dislike because have not tried my pizza!

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Still have my semi hardwire layout, and still not finished
After finding double sided boards, I thought, sure, that could be fun :)

Attachments

• OUTLAW final.JPG
    OUTLAW final.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 383
Count on me, ever, as a good friend Cal Weldon

Despite other moderators are good, some of them are very good...but really man..you are the best in my point of view.

Be happy and healthy, have a long life dear Cal, to be with us, taking care of us and giving us guarantee this place will continue to be respectable and fair.

regards,

Carlos

Will be at the airport waiting for you.

for sure i will.... i cannot walk too much because too fat, but i can talk and i can drive.

I live in the extreme south, the air view picture shows that rigth extreme third picture, the one at your extreme rigth side), in front of the beach, i am living in a humble appartment. 150 meters from the beach..almost that position you see.

best regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Aeroporto Internacional dos Guararapes, Recife - Brasil.jpg
    Aeroporto Internacional dos Guararapes, Recife - Brasil.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 377
  • Airport Terminal.jpg
    Airport Terminal.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 358
  • Airport, air view.jpg
    Airport, air view.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I doubt you will find time to do that...now you have a lot to do in this forum.

Yeah, I have way too many projects
But its nice to think of something else, clear the mind, and try not to think like a mod, and try not to loose enthusiasm

Im thinking about a different layout, with a certain EU box in mind
A very affordable box
Starts like this

Attachments

• OUTLAW No 2 side.JPG
    OUTLAW No 2 side.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 307
  • DX kabinet.jpg
    DX kabinet.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 115
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
]

@Tinitus: Look how he has done it.
Rectifier and capacitor bank on the same board.
Isn't this what you intend to you?

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Greets
Yes, it looks good
But I have left that idea
Its about a year old
Intended fore small monos
Now I will try a modular design, with each module designed to fit each other, and the box
Found a relatively cheap stereo box with heatsinks and all, from Modushop, italy
Tho I wouldnt do it with classA, amp boards will be mounted flat onto heatsink
It gives more space fore supply, and should fit 80mm height
I hope to draw power supply boards in a day or too
Btw, back then I named it DX outlaw, in my file, long time ago
Carlos call it Horse Shoe, but now I only use it to look at, making the new one
Maybe that cause the misunderstanding

Would be fun to hear hows the difference with different layout and build

edit, Volkers look different, with more transistor

Hi everyone,

I'm not entirely new here; I've browsed the forums on many occasions but this is my first post.

I was just wondering what changes would need to be made to make the DX amp using a +-30V transformer? That would make 42V rails if I'm not mistaken. I'm on a tight budget and I've got an old cambridge audio A3i R-core transformer I'm hoping to be able to use to build this amp.

This will be my first non-chipamp project. I've got quite a bit of electronics experience and it seems simple enough. And I enjoy reading carlos' posts so I don't mind sifting through this thread. 600 pages is a bit too much even for me though :).

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks for your fast response, I didn't expect that kind of speedy feedback.

I will probably be using 4 ohm speakers at some point so it looks like I'll need the Sanskens. I've searched the thread and I guess you mean 2SC2922 and 2SA1216.

I've also just noticed the HRII amplifier which sounds like it would be slightly more suited to my listening needs. Could I build that one on 42V rails too without any changes except switching in the sankens?

Ben

No problem at all Bigfatmonk.

You can use 42 volts in the HRII.

Install heatsinks to the drivers, use the big sankens, these ones you said and be happy.

To obtain more power, while using 42 volts, install more diodes in series with the ones you already have in the rail voltage regulators, the series pass regulators... 4.7 Volts our 5V1 to each one of the rails will be good.

Not doing that you will have the amplifier working also, and without problems..BUT, you gonna loose the advantage you should have with this increasing in supply voltage...the increase in power would be limited by the rail regulators that would feed the input circuit with less than the best possible voltage...in other words...not including diodes you will have only 35 watts at 8 ohms, when you can have much more than 50 watts.

You can include these new diodes in series with the previously existent ones (former ones) or not..it is up to you...but condensers must be substituted, in both cases, with the Dx amplifier and with all amplifier, to higher voltage than your supply voltage..so, you need 50 volts electrolitic condensers to the circuit board.... also adjustment will be different...or the preset suggested resistances will be different.

Modifications in amplifier must be made by skilled people... i hope you are....if you're not...do not even try.

regards,

Carlos

To be honest I haven't done much analog electronics in a while, I was originally hoping for an easy buy-parts-and-stick-them-together project but reading more of this thread I actually want to understand what's going on. I got my electronic devices textbook back out last night, I just need to find the time between finishing my masters and having a bit of a social life. This could take a bit longer than I expected, but I learn fast and I love to learn...

I'll see what I can do using my books and this thread. I will come back when I understand the circuit better.

Regards,

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.