Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a easy answer...search for Precision 1 thread and read

there are charts there..depends supply, depends speaker impedance....power is a lot...much more than 100 clean watts into 8 ohms...more than 200 into 4 ohms and more than 400 into 2 ohms.

I do not remember...the thread is there to register those things, to keep us rid to maintain everything into our memory.

regards,

Carlos

Rudi is producing a Dx Amplifier...at the moment, the supply is beeing planed

And i am working hard installing Windows 7.... troubles with audio drivers to my Asus mother board (KV8-MX, chip AD1888, soundmax).

Be happy folks...i am trying..but Windows is asking that..and a lot of other things..also asking if i am sure....and asking if i can be happy or not.

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 417
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 340
Windows 7 is better than vista of cause...

Dear carlos,

After windows XP, I've never seen a very reliable Operating system like windows 7. I'm using windows 7 build 7100 (candidate release) since the day they release. So far no major issues and it had all the drivers for my notebook (toshiba L200) which i got 2 years back. Try vista drivers for windows 7 it might work well for windows 7 as well.

And..

I never knew DX is such a good amp. I built it and powered.. you all have done a great job.. it produces sounds very balance to ear, no doubt why Dx rocks. My meters do not support millivolt range (minimum is 10 DCV). im gonna buy a new good one recently. until then I could able to adjust it by touching the heat sink and by giving a small input signal.. it works fine no much heat with 4 ohms load and no clipping no noise and no distortions.

I have a problem that my input sources are changing and they are not stable always. further my input audio signals are not balance always since I used to listen various sounds music, songs, sound effects etc from my notebook and the USB reader. when I play by my notebook, sounds so good. but my USB reader doesnt produce good bass as my notebook. So I'm thinking of a preamp which to adjust bass, tone and treble with left-right balance. I'm looking for a good project in DIY forums but still I couldn't find a good project like Dx. Can anybody help me with this?

And..
Dx further rocks with SRS WOW sound effect (SRS Labs) on windows media player. If someone knows a project to produce sound effects like that, please let me know.

Attachments

• srs.PNG
    srs.PNG
    15 KB · Views: 316
I am glad you have appreciated the amplifier

Sounds nice.... you can increase your bass using Windows Media Player feature.

I have fixed my trouble..but i found i have saturation while using equalizer (increasing levels)..also i found that high quality and high volume recordings produces awfull distortions..so...i will operate alike you see..to be rid from troubles and will introduce one gain stage into the TriAmp input.

My Windows 7 is Ultimate, build 7300.... was released a week ago... october 20... i am happy..it is precise...reliable...also fast with my old Sempron 1.6 Gigahertz (Sempron 2600)...and old Asus mother board...very old stuff operating fine using 1 Gigabytes of ram memory...a poor man computer, but working fast as a ligthning!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Equalizer flat, but low level.jpg
    Equalizer flat, but low level.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 284
Dx Amplifier, the standard one, THD measured into the Multisim.

I really do not bother with that...but i remember was low...will simulate and will post the numbers for you.

Dx Amplifiers sounds good....maybe, and by accident, may measured good too..but i ensure you i have not worried about that when tuning the unit using ears....for accident... a lucky result..... not bad results on numbers.

You will listen music.

regards,

Carlos

.................................................................................
Dear João

Windows 7 installed, working fine, fast with 1Gb or ram memory...no bugs, safe, guaranteed...better than XP, much better than Vista (not so heavy)...have my aproved...i am not worried with it anymore...reliable!

It is not a "macho" Windows..... it is a "sissies" windows.... too much usused things....too much colours..too much decorations...something i removed using the "macho classic" configuration.

I really think, all those guys from the San Francisco gay parade are working for Microsoft...they're needing some Latin males there to finish with that ridiculous colour stuff!.... ahahahaha...yeah...i know latine loves colours...but not into that exagerated way..windows is looling alike those jumping cars with hidraulicall suspension.

Watch that!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVFid2yaMpE

Carlos

Last edited:
NITrOzX..... really man..your codename is not easy to write!

THD numbers means the amplifier MAY perform fine.....not real...i have assembled a couple of thousands during almost half century doing.... and i found amplifiers with very low THD sounding bad...and i have found high THD sounding fine...in the reality..the higher ones use to sound more interesting to MY ears.

My amplifiers sounds very good.... the bootstrapp technologie sounds excelent...not mine creation..this was made down the seventies (1969 i think)...and several versions and copies are around..all factories..Pioneer, Kenwood, Marantz, Sansui ...well... all them have made amplifier with this circuit inside...now a days there are some that is doing this way... even chip factories...inside the LM3886....or other number..the circuit is not so different..has some CCS...has quasi complementary...but the style is there...the approved style..the good sonic style.....

In our forum there are many.....there are 11 alike....variations around the same theme...all them very good.

Here you have numbers..... for accident, i repeat, sounded good with those numbers....but usually, those small numbers shows stérile, liveless sound..alike food without salt.... alike a very beautifull and cold woman.

Usually people does not perceive distortion when it is bellow 0.2 percent.... i cannot...my threshold is this one.....ALSO...speaker distorts a lot more than that....hard to perceive 0.2 from amplifier when speaker is producing 1 percent or much more (magic speaker produces only 1 percent)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Harmonic distortion.jpg
    Harmonic distortion.jpg
    904.2 KB · Views: 243
Nitrozx..... there are other amplifiers, in this same forum, that offers lowest

distortion numbers..there are chips offering 0.0002% or even less (sounding terrible...colour into the sonics).

Kleinschmidt made one very sophisticated.... also Bigun.... also Patchwork from MJL21193, also Ostripper, Quasi..and many, many others.....you have a superior one..the Krill sounds better....a little better...but this "a little" means price increasing 20 times..amplifiers jump from 1K US Dollars to 20K USD because this small increase in audio quality....Krill is very good.

To buy ready..... then go to Aksa.

My amplifier was not made thinking on small THD numbers..was not the target...i wanted lower than 0.5%..... resulted around 0.033% and a friend have made reseach to reduce it to 0.022%..... i found no difference.... Aksa may distort more and is unbeatable (my point of view, about sonics..not numbers).

I could beat Aksa...not because my amplifiers..because the TriAmp system...using smaller bandwidth to each one of those three amplifiers, i had, as a result, better sonics...i do not know why..maybe frequencies beating one each other...also i had easier tonal balance, but this, you can achieve with any amplifiers..the one you have will fit.....three Aksas in this same condition will produce better treble and mids..will loose into the bass only.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Fourier analisis.jpg
    Fourier analisis.jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
Lycanlk...i got you idea...we have only to turn the image and the "D" and "X" appear

Thank you dea lycanlk.

Boys, i am inviting you to Rio 2016, the Olympic Games, in my home town, Rio de Janeiro..the place i have born.

A matter of fact is that is a little bit dangerous, but government is producing a safe place, constructed to the Olympic Games..and there you gonna be protected against thieves and any kind of harm..... Rio is dangerous to the ones do not know how to behave...there are places we can go and other we cannot...so...the invitation is to stay inside the Olympic town.... and to make tour with professionals...avoid to be alone into exotic adventures because you may face some guys you will not appreciate.

The image is funny...but the reality is that we have that stuff too....maybe this happens everywhere..i don't know.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• rio 2016 jpg.jpg
    rio 2016 jpg.jpg
    937.8 KB · Views: 446
Our forum is working very slow!

I have tested with two Windows...the XP Professional and the Windows 7 Ultimate...also i have three anti virus programs and the Windows bit defender and Firewall..... computer scanned and no viruses.

Goggle is operating fast, also Yahoo is operating fast, also Youtube is fast, also Orkut is operating fast...only the forum is very slow.

I hope a moderator read that.... maybe they know that.

I have tried two houses, two different computers, two internet connections.... in both of them, working slow.

My computer has Partition, i have Windows XP and i have also Windows 7 Ultimate..with both working slow.

In the other home, my ex wife home, there another high speed connection, 2 Giga speed connection, Windows there is Vista, and the forum is slow...while Yahoo, Aol, Uol, Youtube, Orkut, MSN and Skype are fast.

I will post something shocking to call moderator here to read.

- Do not drink COKE!..THERE ARE DILUTED ANIMALS INSIDE!...i hope moderator will come

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Illusion.jpg
    Illusion.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Carlos

"I have tested with two Windows...the XP Professional and the Windows 7 Ultimate...also i have three anti virus programs and the Windows bit defender and Firewall..... computer scanned and no viruses."

Meu deus, all virus programs working at the same time? If yes, this is counterproductive because they are violating themselves! Choose only one of those programs.

About the forum server, yes it's slow here as well - and believe me I have a fast connection here. Should be the servers network itself - somebody knows the platform the servers are running onto?

Sorry for the Off Topic.

Não João, òbviamente um de cada vez não é?

No John!, obviously one of them each time, isnt it? ...they cannot be working simultaneously.

Se colocar juntos êles brigam entre si...if you try to put them together they fight to see the one is the main one.

ahahahahah!

Permita me perguntar, o amigo é Lusitano?

Let me ask you a question, are you from Portugal?

there they understand things this way..exactly the way we write... without interpretations

Lamentàvelmente, caro João, nós brasileiros temos feito inumeras modificações na lingua mãe, que agora chamamos de Português Brasileiro, poluimos a lingua mãe amigo, devo confessar, no entanto tornamos um pouco mais interpretativa, coisa ao pé da letra não mais funcionam, existem expressões idiomáticas, do tipo Hiss e hum usados no inglês, ou seja, coisas que expressam o som, comunicam pelo som que fazem.

I am sorry, dear João Althea, we, Brazilians, we have made many modifications into our mother languate, now a days we call Brazilian Portuguese, we have poluted the same way USA people did with the UK english (better english i think)..... the same way US did, i have to confess, we made it more flexible, word had not more one single expressed idea anymore, now a days we have several ideas to a single work, as also a single word to each case too (alike Portugal)...something alike Hiss and Humble words expressing noises.... communicating using the noises the thing does.

In Portugal, home of my mother language (we have poluted i must admit), the word "rapariga" means young girl...here, down in Brasil Northeast, it means prostitute..big offense if you call a girl this way....problems guaranteed with her daddy..for sure troubles!

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Carlos

no, I'm from Southern Germany - bear the border to Switzerland. I learned Português Brasileiro in the beginning from a Brazilian girl who's married with a German. Unfortunately they moved to Kenia :confused:

I have some close friends in Rio de Janeiro and like this city so much. Staying there is like living at home - Jardim bôtanico, Ipanema ... You can imagine that it's my second home land! You told me that you growed up in Copacabana, then you surely be familiar with the Record shop "Modern Sound".

But I have some friend from Portugal as well and current this is the only way for me to communicate in Português...They telling me every time that I have a Brazilian slang!!! But sometime I need a translator and you can see why it's more the "Lusitano" style.

Um bom fim de samana
Joao

I also miss the girls..the ones i had long time ago..when young

A friend, one Orkut student that use to visit my classroom, where i try to show them how to calculate simple amplifiers.

He made this one...i was listening the unit today.... He is from Amazon state, where we have the Amazon river.

This amplifier have not sounded good, there are errors in current, parts missed...well, just a basic thing to learn how to calculate and to transform an idea into a real sounding circuit.

Also the output used was not the one shown.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Finepix 008.jpg
    Finepix 008.jpg
    708.1 KB · Views: 259
  • Finepix 008a.jpg
    Finepix 008a.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Finepix 009.jpg
    Finepix 009.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 211