Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dx Corporation, the only one to offer you a collection of options

customized to your needs.... adaptable amplifiers to your supply voltage, able to use sub circuits to match your beliefs.

Wanna bootstrapp?.... we can give you one!

Wanna a CCS?.... we also can give you!

Wanna current sink?....no problems.

Do you want to switch from one to the other to listen the sonic differences?.... no problem, we can offer you that too.

Do you want to have your off set adjustable?.... we can give you such kind of thing...also using fixed resistance not to be adjustable too.

Want big condensers into the board?.... Nordic boards has room to that purpose.

Want nice rectangular board?.... dear Greg boards will make you happy.

Want many options to grounding.... we can wire Greg boards the way you want, to test, to listen and to learn things about grounding.

Be happy folks,

Carlos

Attachments

• rainy day.jpg
    rainy day.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 844
Using a metal rule as rail and scratching using sharpened screw driver

or metal tip...then i will have a mark..... after that you broke the board alike people broke glasses into factories.

The rule enters as a reference..something to avoid to scratch curves..the sharpened point goes scratching following the rule edge...to obtain a straigth line.

We can use saw too...the small one to hobby works.

file and sandpapper are used too..all manual work

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• assistance.jpg
    assistance.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 693
I have made those ones today

I have only to install parts and adjust...it is almost made.

It gonna be used into a tinny aluminium enclosure..so...dissipation will be made using the cabinet.

Also will operate with 27 plus 27 volts...power is smaller.

It is the Dx Amplifier.... unmodified....it will look better after the aluminium be sanded and polished.... and having parts populating those boards.

Showing the scope....because it is pretty..and the boards are not..so...the image beauty will have some "balance"..some "compensation"

regards,

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

No dear Norazmi, it is the old and good board made by Greg Erskine

Here you have all you need about:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

Yes....the bias uses and external transistor fixed into the heatsink.

Mine, this one, use the layout you will find into Greg home pages dedicated to the Dx Corporation...the Dx Amplifiers.

thanks to Greg we have this helpfull tool to be use... a nice resource.

regards,

Carlos

........................................................................................................

This board result very ugly...bad cutted, pieces broken and are not finished..will became better when finished.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
lgreen said:
Are greg's bias setting pages right? He shows the bias transistor Q6 NPN BD139 front view left to right is BCE.

<<Edit>> Damn, speedy Carlos replied 5 times while I was typing this!

To elaborate and clarify, the illustrations on
this page are showing different methods of constructing the Vbias PCB. The first shows Carlos' PCB method which uses no holes. He is clearly using a different transistor, not a BD139, as Andrew has mentioned.

The next picture down is Greg's PCB version which matches the DX Amp schematic on Greg's website. That is the one you should be following, I think.

The 3rd picture looks like it would be the top side view of Greg's Vbias PCB. Note that the BD139 is inserted on the underside of the board, so make sure the transistor is facing the correct direction and the pinouts haven't been accidentally reversed if you follow this.

One last thing, you mentioned Q6. That is the designator used in the HRII circuit, the DX Amp uses Q8 for the bias transistor. (Just mentioned in case others are trying to follow along.)

..Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.