And we are inventing a lot of things

Alike HPWS.... High Pressure Wind System

ahahahahah!

Carlos

Attachments

• ahahaha.jpg
    ahahaha.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 521
Look at the resistor connecting the 12V zener to the regulated supply... that one sees x current where X = V/resistance...

lets say the average is 16 and 16V for 32V supply...

The resistor sees 32V - 12V= 20V.
I assume you are working on the HRII.. which has 2k2 in this posistion... 20V/2200= 0.009A = 9mA

So, now that you elevate that regulated rail, you need to adjust this resistor for similar current limit, or at least make sure it is still within dissipation limits...

Lets now look at 37V - 12V = 25V
25V/2200R would give a supply of about 11mA, so, not a big shift
11mA x 25V = 284mW
So, you want to change that resistor to at least 500mW (about 45 degrees C)or maybe 1W (about 23C) (C is temp rise above ambient).
:)

Another local friend made Dx Amplifier board.

And i like this one....it is not small, but has the VBE multiplier transistor on board.... the zobel ground goes using copper lines in the place of wires (because people had discussed grounding different ideas those early days).... also input condenser ground is easier, the E links removed...well.... i found it good.

The board is beeing tested by the friend that made the board layout.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• amplificador dx.jpg
    amplificador dx.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 674
carlos uncle, I need help to solve problem

dear uncle carlos,

good morning. i had made two board for sterio precision8.1.

one is operatiing without any problem in high voltage like 56+-.

one got problem. if i operate in low 22-+ voltage , it works well, but when i apply 56v-+ it is blowing my fuse and diod D10( 1n4001) (-) volt side and sparks my 0.33ohms resister too. i checked the board but found nothing is wrong....i know definetly there is somehtings went wrong. so what could be wrong? pls advice me. all transistors are ok.

wish for your good health.

thank you
michael

I cannot tell you what is wrong into your board

For sure you have made a mistake during the construction... something was assembled wrong and now you have burned transistors...if your resistance was burned is because you have shorts.... transistors burned...short circuit...and now you have to remove all transistors and test them out from the circuit.

Use protective resistances next time you finish to build and in advance to power your amplifier... they could have avoided that accident you had.

We use to make mistakes...we are humans...you were lucky that you have made mistake in one of the boards only.

You have the other board to compare the transistor position and the resistance values you have installed....watching one board, the one is working fine, and checking the defective one you will be able to see what is wrong..... search for short under the board because of solder...check if something was installed inverted.

Amplifiers need to adjust bias properly...maybe this is your problem.

If you have not the knowledge to adjust audio circuits, go to Dx Amplifier thread and read it... at least the posts you have diagrams and tutorials, sketches, and schematics.... you will find precious informations there.

Would be a very big magic, if i could watch you board from Brazil and tell you what is wrong into your construction .... only youself can do that searching for bugs.

regards,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.