Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, let me say you are improveing, something you need to keep an eye over is space between traces, and especialy close to solder spots... look at that thick line running down to the groundstar underneath the resistors for instance...

Just hide the components and values every now and again so you can see only the traces...

I played around for a few minutes, just seperateing some ground traces etc... and accommodateing for real capacitor sizes... (from the catalog I use to order parts)

Well done !

Attachments

• dxiiic.gif
    dxiiic.gif
    50 KB · Views: 475
Yes.... lines that goes in parallel are the same as capacitor plates

alike those variable capacitors.... plates very near one each other... copper lines, having not 1 mm (or more), depending the length, can turn small capacitors.... depending where they are...this can create some problems.

Good to create distance, even if you need to reduce the copper track dimensions.

Big tracks, in dimensions, only to the output, where you have enormous currents.... also a good idea to ground frame, and now to reduce resistance, to avoid ground patches into the same line..

Good idea..... not only good.... a very good idea Nordic.

I think, you cooperating, Klaas, Nordic, Ecat and Ostry, will result an excelent job.

Board is already great into my perception..... the evolutions you will make will be alike profit to me, as the one made is already very good.

regards,

Carlos
........................................................................................................

I am trying to find my blackgate... i wanna try this capacitor Graham told.... i will try an electrolitic condenser... that one arrive here because of Hugh Dean or because of Greg Erskine.... was a gift that came together a mail...nice gift...for sure.

This is the text Graham had published... and because of it i am searching that one...i had two, free to use, but one broke the lead.. a pitty.

"Years ago I used a double trace scope to watch both input and output. I would superimpose the traces at say 20Hz, and then watch them separate as the value of input capacitance was reduced from 100uF.
Divergence (phase shift) was noted once the value fell below 47uF. However this would not be audible unless a very large bass LS driver was being used with good sine response below audibility in the region where drums and bowed basses/cellos could be felt !"

regards,

Carlos

Carlos, once on a course we did this test which went along the lines of... your plane crashed in the desert... you can salvage 10 items... put them in order of importance... and then it gave you the items... things like a piece of canvas a compass etc....

We worked in small groups and had to give our own answers as well as a group answer....

Then they produced the answers... which are based on reality...

Turns out the group answer throughout the entire class averaged closer to the correct one than even the smartest individual's there...

Us beginners have so much to learn from each other - to give the masters some rest, but also like anyone who recently learned something, are also keen to share...
I love how this is becomming a true opensource project.

Osty if pretty component placeing counted for points, you would have won mate!

Lock your girls inside home fellows, this one is very handsome

our artist, expert into speaker design and production (enclosures)

An Aussie.... dear Rabbitz,

a very nice guy.

this thread is filled with humans...we have a lot, they also have family, dogs, friends and life...not only letters typed here and electronics ideas.

regards,

Carlos

......................................................................................................

Greg Erskine is another handsome aussie.

He looks the same as John Lennon... the beatle.

But this one is reserved and do not want images published.

Well.... exception.... a faceless friend..ahahahaha

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• rabbitz fotoa.jpg
    rabbitz fotoa.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 421
Gaetan..... in our forum Gaetan 730 is another artist

With enormous connection to nature and to arts, music, and seems he may sing too...has interesting voice.

He leaves into Canadá.... the french part, distant from the town... together small animals and birds into his wonderfull home...inserted into the forest, surrounded by native forest, not garden.... have lakes around and nice landscape surrounding.

This one, a romantic, also dreamer, audio and music lover, friendly Canadien.

Je vous salute!

à bientôt

Carlos

.........................................................................................................

Faceless people should contribute to our crew data base.

Sending images that can be published, informing family name and
some personal informs.

This will be for the future, will be the historical data from the Corporation (we do not pay to dream folks!...we are free to do that!)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• gaetan x.jpg
    gaetan x.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 396
I am not good in English language Nordic.

Your first sentence, for instance, has absolutelly no meaning to me.

Please my dear "faceless" nephew...ahahahahha.

Use those words you should use with children...those very young that are learning to speak.... that simple english.... forum International.... a lot of guys do not understand those strange expressions you use.

Ora bolótas!

I do not use dirty words into the forum...Ora bolótas is a local expression, very soft and educated, that means.... "have to be patient"...or means.."there he comes once more with those things!"

Maybe the same as you were trying to say.... he is trying once to obtain my picture..ahahahaha

I could not have the image from Halojoy....this one seems that had not a face..ahahahhaha...he may be a computer.

regards,

Carlos

Re: Gaetan..... in our forum Gaetan 730 is another artist

destroyer X said:

With enormous connection to nature and to arts, music, and seems he may sing too...has interesting voice.

He leaves into Canadá.... the french part, distant from the town... together small animals and birds into his wonderfull home...inserted into the forest, surrounded by native forest, not garden.... have lakes around and nice landscape surrounding.

This one, a romantic, also dreamer, audio and music lover, friendly Canadien.

Je vous salute!

à bientôt

Carlos

Hello Carlos

I also done somes years of violin making, making a good sounding violin is much harder that making a nice looking violin, and you can learn some by acoustic and physic siences but violin making are still an art using ear and intuition.

I'm in the north, in the Laurentides in Quebec, nice place surround by big forest but cold in winter lower was arround -40 c

Gaetan

Here is more common plus 40 degrées centigrades.

Thanks by the informs Gaetan.

Answer me, into direct post...how people make to.... to..... spell liquid from the body under that temperature...you know... WC use.

But please, go to my mail gaetan...i am curious to know how people will find... how to find into the cold weather.

Also inform, direct mail, if people have shower unders those conditions... we have shower daily, sometimes 2 or 3..because hot... this is a need...we must to.... we have to.

regards,

Carlos

......................................................................................................

Dear Nephew Nordic

I have to thank you by the advertising you use to make about dx amplifier.... very appreciated that...you use to post in other threads, including elected our Dx thread as a very good one..thanks.

I also think that was not an overkill of parts related that supply using some coils someone have commented into Bora's thread... the option the guy have received, from Bora, was also very sophisticated..... you see... i use to read the forum.

So i could understand the "spirit" of your text.

To put fire, to stimulate, to bring alive the same theme once more..to return once again to make the old pression to obtain some result...hehe

Yes...i think i got the meaning.

thanks,

regards,

Carlos

.........................................................................................................

Dx High Resolution II is sounding great....much more fidelity to the recordings...thunder sounds are real, also claps, wind noises, sound effect are more clear, you perceive if wood is beeing hitted, if bamboo is beeing used, the harshing sounds of violine, harsh sound from Saxophone, the noises when people press the saxophone knobs when playing...well..sound is special, much more clear than the Dx Standard, much more detailed, and i think the responsable is the VAS....more than other circuits..the VAS is producing the better results.

Of course, all tuning together makes the difference...but if you include this VAS, into the standard DX.... you will be surprised by the quality it produces.

To include this VAS into Dx...you should use the mirror, those two transistors, the rigth side one having base tied with the colector...or...install 2K...or even 2K2 resistances as colector loads to the differential...just that will produce to you excelent results...and will be a nice "presentation" of High Resolution II sonics..that is better than the Dx Standard with that VAS feature.

Enjoy Dx amplifier, in special the High Resolution II...made free, and for you!

* warmer, more romantic sound, more colourised, less perfect but very nice is obtained using resistances into the differential... i suggest you to try both options and decide the one you prefer.

regards,

Carlos

Re: Here is more common plus 40 degrées centigrades.

destroyer X said:

Thanks by the informs Gaetan.

Answer me, into direct post...how people make to.... to..... spell liquid from the body under that temperature...you know... WC use.

But please, go to my mail gaetan...i am curious to know how people will find... how to find into the cold weather.

Also inform, direct mail, if people have shower unders those conditions... we have shower daily, sometimes 2 or 3..because hot... this is a need...we must to.... we have to.

regards,

Carlos

Hello

I forget to say, here we have between one and two meter of snow in winter... lot of snow.

I will email you

Bye

Gaetan

Nordic said:
Ahhh Carlos, stokeing the good ol' fire again :D

Attached is Traces alone in PDF format.... ERC test was done, 0 errors, 0 warnings.

File had to be zipped to fit site's 100k limit.

That is looking fantastic :)

I made a list of things to do tonight, I don't think I got very far:

Series zeners : not allowed for

Output : changed emitter resistors to vertical. Removed op resistor, I'm thinking it easier to mount it off the board if possible.

Parallel input capacitors, I think you will have to use the back of the board for the second one.

Grounding: I've made a start following Nordics advice.

Big capacitors: Board now accepts 25mm diameter AND I've jiggled things so the output transistors can me mounted flush to the heatsink - just, still a little room to play with.

to late to do any more tonight.

Quick note on the grounding.

Nordic, I think I see what you are doing with the kinky star earth arrangement, giving distinct / individual paths to ground. My thoughts on the grounds for c4 + c27 vs C1 + c23 : It would be easier to fit a ground link similar to the original Dx, those who want can then run an additional pair of ground wires back to the main star. What do you think ?

Attachments

• hdef-ii-green-play2-update3.gif
    hdef-ii-green-play2-update3.gif
    30.6 KB · Views: 429
marketing

Now we need to make some marketing to the High resolution DX;
would it be ok, to call it High Resolution 3 ?
And maybe we need some advertising, I suggest that we buy a whole page on a magazine...(does Wireless World still exist?)
Anyway, High Resolution is a good name.
Carlos, please, keep on trying and tweaking !
You are a volcano !
Congratulations to anyone who can follow you !
I learned a lot only reading the thread !

Volcano....good name for the next amplifier.... will be made in December

I will use the input and the VAS, adapted for sonics and copied the topologie from our fratello Giaime.

Of course i have to try it in advance...it promisses to be a nice sounding, but i have not sure...i have to try.

But this is for december.... i will be waiting someone construct the High Resolution II.

Volcano is good....yeah!...very good!

regards,

Carlos

This is the enlarged Ecat boad i have made using a pen

I will assemble using the copper side (SMD style)

In one hour i will have another amplifier working, and ready to produce some pictures.

It is unchecked..during the construction i use to follow the schematic, not the board layout...this way, all connections are checked during the construction.

Why to check after when we can do that "during"

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• enlarged ecat layout.jpg
    enlarged ecat layout.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 358
Status
Not open for further replies.