Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh!...thank you but i already know those thing...all forum know those things

Ilyzm...read the thread entirelly, there are two amplifiers.

And read the post related the fire test... "measured 3.2 when cold"...this means Ilyzm, that something will happen if not cold..and you discovered!...incredible!

One is the DX amp...and another one is the Dx amp TURBO.

One use 39 Volts as supply...other use 75 volts as supply

Of course i know that resistances increase value....this one had increased value inside a known range...reason why was measured cold.

Tell me something i do not know...for instance, that you use to read those threads entirelly before enter to suggest things, and that you have inside your imagination that people had readed basic...very basic electronics once in their lives.

My daugther (9 years old) already knows to use ohms law...and she use to design amplifiers too, she had learned just making questions watching me doing those things as exercise for fun...this is a public knowledge that many folks already have..... i can see people entering to re-discover the powder without smoke....those simple ancient things are already discovered... well, at least will help those very early beginners..but i hope they already know those very basic informations.

The image that was shown, was produced, created, planned, made with a purpose..the purpose was to call the attention to the powerholics....much more dedicated to Marketing than to calculations.

And you once again Ilyzm...we have books in Brazil too man!

I was fishing powerholics..as they turn crazy with those things...and i have fished theories.

Please!...constructor wanted!.... we have already consultants, theorics, critics, researchers,genius, advisers and others.

Constructors and people able to produce A to B testings wanted!

regards,

Carlos

I hate to disappoint you too Ilyzm, but i add you to my ignore list

This means, explaining you clearly, that i will not read your posts anymore.

As you told that you hate to disappoint me, and made it twice, i have suspections that you may have someone with a pistol in your head forcing you to wiite obvious things in thread i use to be.
And forced..because you hate to do those annoying things and is doing.

As people, that do things they do not want to do, use to be very dangerous...i prefer not to read your texts.

So... you may understand that you will not have contact with me...perceive that you will talk with our communitty, so, adapt your text to the new reality.

And in advance, i suggest you, if you can understand that....read all thread...do not go entering without know what is going on there...search for infomations about the one that is writting, you may go teaching multiplications to PHD doctors (not my case..so the error is not so big this time)..this is not only a foolish, this may be received as bad education.

To forum Management:

There's something that happens usually, the ones that do not give us their E mails do not want to be serious and kind in the forum..reason why they do not let room to be responsable by their behavior...if not all them, a big quantity of guys that wants to be bad educated, annoying ...or at least not kind...serching for things to disturb, to be unkind....those normally do not want to left traces...as mail, identification numbers, real personal name and so on.

This give to them a very easy way to be hidden spitting things on us

I suggest forum management to ask people to be responsable related their texts and actions, giving not only mail adress but also Identifications....as a pré condition to enter the forum....so...double identities will be removed immediattelly, as two persons cannot have the same ID card.

This one is not so unkind, but i know him by other threads and i have perceived that he is "one of those guys!"

regards,

Carlos

Ilimzn is the second member who insulted and abased by you - with fictitious and heavy accusations.
He and me wrote supporting texts. Then we became criminal. In turn there were nothing hurtful in our texts...

Please be more tolerant, and less wacky.

Moderators, please tidy up.

Carlos please,
i know that you value my opinion in some good way.... i can tell you that "Ilimzn" guy on this forum is a good guy from Croatia - i use to read his replies here and i never found them to be offensive (off course i didn't read them all - but what i have read it was helpfull and filled with knowledge) - i am sure that he want to help and not to argue with you arround....
there is to much arguing here on the forum that is offensive - plese try to understand him - i am sure that he didn't mean to offend you but to help....

All rigth Sparkle...if you are telling me that is because it is true

You are one of my best friends....and if Ilyzm is good for you he may be good for me to.

He will be removed from ignore list.

Ilyzm, please, accept my apologize to misunderstand you.

Well..at least some figth atract people to visit thread...ahahhaha!...maybe i will fish some constructor

Constructors wanted!

Oh! pain Sparkle..no one!... and at least one is needed, as people will never trust in designer's words, because may be biased....since another one constructed, the amplifier will be aproved by communitty and them i will see a couple of guys perceiving things i have perceived.

Well...my bad mood disappeared...Ilyzm is a sweet guy from Croatia.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• showletter.jpg
    showletter.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,688
Well, friends ordered as they have listened today....400 bucks entering as profit

Because of 4 circuits i will finish in two days...or less than that...nice!

This is the artistic vision...a real Greg Erskine board was used, the one made to DX amplifier, were i assembled some parts...not the real parts...some resistors, condensers and transistors.

A model....this is the name...a non working model to show how will look the amplifier when ready.

Off course resistance values and condenser values are not correct, as this is not important now..this is to show, and result in orders made by two friends, 2 stereo boards paid in advance.

Friends have listened the prototype and they decide very fast... of course..sounds great!

they will have the work to construct case, find transformers and all stuff...i will give them only working and finished boards, they will have to give me those transistors tomorrow or the day after.

here is non working model image.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dx amp..jpg
    dx amp..jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 3,221
tinitus said:
Looks neat and simple enough to be hard wired

Yes, looks very 'neat'

What I like is that there is some space between components.
This makes it easier and hopefully reduce risk for shortcut errors.

Also if you want to add some extra component later
it is wise to leave some room and air in between.

Some boards are so small and components so tight
that mounting becomes a bit tricky
and you can accidentally get a solder-leftovers shortcut.

Good work!

thanks Carlos,
for accepting my opinion related ilimzn....
and congratulations - the board is looking really nice...as lineup said - not to small, really nice and clear looking....
i am working on something at my home (another amplifier), but as soon as it is finished i think i will start working on your amp...i have just about right psu and output transistors...:)

What type of PSU should be used with this amplifier? destroyer x talks about carlosfm's snubberized supply - is that regulated or not? is it the chipamp one without any modifications?

also: what value of psu output voltage is required? carlos said that he uses 39V, but that seems a little too much for my needs..

sorry if these questions seem silly.. and thanks for any answers :)

Max

Well guys...i will answer you all in this post.

Sparkle - you are always welcome, and your desire is an order to me..you use to be very honest, intelligent and kind...an i have enormous respect related you.

Tinitus - good idea to make it hard wire, for sure pretty PCboards will not increase sonics...this way is good and use to be pretty too.

Mark - hummm, Salt Lake City...i envy you... i would love to squid with my car in the Salt Lake...we have anything flat in my country... but lucky we are related girls...no one is flat here too...This amplifier thopologie is not new...it was used since seventies..very common to find this one (or alike this one) in many guitar amplifiers and professional applications too..it is simple and good..i did not discovered it...the thopologie was a choice to produce something good...based in real life testings, removing a capacitor and replacing it by other...this way...nothing extraordinary in intelligence..just sweat, hard work, persistence and passion.

Line up...thank you, as usual, you are kind with me.

Greg Erskine - thank you once again by the pretty board...already resulted in some money entering my left pocket...this one is to buy electronics parts and gadgets.

Vurkuuz - The amplifier was tested with 22 volts, 35 volts, 39 volts, and something alike 55...the 75 volts unit was only simulated, also 16 volts was simulated.

The amplifier can work with the voltage you have up from 16 volts simetrical supply....but off course many adjustments will be needed....using it with 16 volts, for instance:

VR!, the off set trimpot, will need a 10K unit, it will be adjusted around 8300 ohms

R10 will need to be replaced by 5K6

The bias trimpot, a 100 ohms unit will be adjusted to mid range

The resistor will need replacement to 820 ohms

Bias will need some adjustment, output current may be 15 to 20 miliamps

Big transistors will not be needed anymore

Input should be replaced by BC557

Voltage amplifier and drivers can be BD139 and BD140

Output can be TIP3055 and TIP2955...or others alike TIP41 and TIP42 and many others..hundreds will fit.

The output power will be smaller than 20 watts over 4 ohms...and near 10 watts over 8 ohms.

High power versions...as i have published the turbo version and the Ignitor was made only to Sparkle, will need diodes (3) in series with the bias trimpot...pointing down the component arrows, they will need to touch the heatsink to control the temperature...but small power versions... under 22 volts may not need, as small heatsinks will fit.

To use it to produce 20 watts over 4 ohms, for instance, with a 16 volts simetrical supply...you will need an aluminium plate of 20 centimeters long to 10 centimeters ...and it can be twisted the way you want to make it smaller...U shape, L shape and others.

When using small voltage, your electrolitic condensers will be small in size...alike the Model i have post...the amplifier will turn more pretty will smaller condensers

You have just to inform me the voltage you have...and if you have some intentions to construct, i will re-calculate, and test real world the voltage you need....re constructing it, customized to you.

I will prepare my supply diagram...very simple.... I will post it here soon

regards,

Carlos

Yes...it can work without too many tweaks

In the real world....you may have to adjust off set and bias...the other adjustments are for perfection.... and really...perfection in this world.....hummmm

Maybe the neighboor chicken (the bird)...as we always think their chicken can be more delicious...we think they have less problems than we have...that they have more money than we have...well..this is some envy, delirium and normally not reality.

Thanks Sparkle...good.

regards,

Carlos

I do not know if Carlos FM is still on line, with us, in this forum

He use to be in Chip amplifiers threads.

But he was very active....and when you are very active, you get
a lot of boering visitors....i do not know if he survived (psychologically) to the pression people make over those guys.

I hope he is fine....a nice guy.

This is the Snubber supply he made...he told that sounds good..well...i tried comparing and i perceived more punch...maybe the condensers, those big ones are making that job...i do not know...this is something to test once more.

I am using...because if not good sonically, for sure is not disturbing my amplifier..working fine..i can switch amplifier off and it delays 15 seconds to cut the audio...playing without bass and a very small audio volume of course.

I have included, in my supply, because of Bob Cordell, an inductor...extra series components...as you already have low value resistance that use to present some inductance too.

Mine has 30 turns, 1 milimeter diameter wire over ferrite bar...those ones used to portable AM radios antenna, and FI oscilator.

I do not think...well...at least i have doubts, that a simple supply, with just a rectifier and 2 electrolitic condensers....2200 each one for instance.... will create sonic problem...maybe you will have some small ripple when the supply was hardly used during bass periods....maybe in the scope you will find awfull things...but reall life...hummm..... it will work.

C'a marche (CarlosFM good bye)

Carlos

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 3,065
Thank you destroyer X and sparkle :) I can get 2x25V 4A or 2x35V 3.2A transformers for the same $$.. And leaning towards the former, is this correct? I'm also at a loss as to what circuit would be best to use for the power supply. Having had no previous experience with building them it's difficult to form a personal preference :(..

once more - but it can't hurt to much - Vurguuz - you can find more informations here at this link - it is very good and related to this power supply that Carlos presented above...

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/ssps1_e.html

i have tried it and it is very good... follow the links at the bottom of this first one to go to the Part 2 and to the Part 3 .... it will help You a lot...:)

my humble opinion is that the first transformer (2*25V/4A) will be more suitable for You .....

Hé Machismo,

after reading your stuff from yesterday, it sounds like you've been eating your neighbour's chicken again.
It would be a shame not to hear Ilimzn, Croatia would be a far away place without forums.

PS:
These forums are often amusing and confusing.
Some put on a funny nose, without the funny nose they're hyperactive and viable to change into the most aggressive individuals you can imagine.
Others often display a hot temper, in real life they're sweet kittens.
:clown:

Status
Not open for further replies.