Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am honored to present you Dragos Banica and

his wife Cristina.

Dragos belongs to Dx crew, he already constructed Dx Standard and will construct, soon, the High Resolution II

One more handsome guy on board.... also his wife is a beautifull woman.

Thank you Dragos.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dragos and cristina.jpg
    dragos and cristina.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 457
Take a look at user cp in our forum...maybe you unsubscribe to all threads

this happens. Sometimes we want to unsubscribe to a single thread and we click into unsubscribe all threads.

Well, in my point of view, unsubscribe is a bad idea.... a very bad educated behavior...you enter and then you decide to turn your back to your friends....not good that.

Very good englander speakers alike me use to misunderstand those things..... sometimes i can read unsubscribe all alike unsubscribe to All (Capone) or someone..a single person.

Till today.... long years passed, i could not realise what is the "size" of Nordic's disease...i just cannot read his english...to much "parfait" to me.

Hey Graham, i am trying current drain auxiliary transistors into the differencial.... the same idea you had to "fool" the crossover distortions forcing a current to flow..... good result....once again...my deep congratulations,

Also i re-discovered that we really need enormous condensers into the input to reproduce perfect square waves (not music...yeah...but people like to watch the scope too...let them enjoy)

regards,

Carlos

Yes...to hear low bass too...but i feel, and this bothers me..that some focus

Is lost.... you know...sound turns something alike hearing with a tube... a big card tube into your ears..... some losses of clarity.

It is strange..... increases bass, of course...but quality is something that result strange...not the better sittuation i think, but produces and effect...some will like that.

regards,

Carlos

There's two modifications needed to High Resolution II

I am trying another amplifier, but some basic things remains the same...and i perceive that the compensation capacitor is small.

Depending the transistor you use, the amplifier CAN oscilate, so, increase the capacitor shown to 150 picofarads....better if Silver Mica.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• increase capacitor.gif
    increase capacitor.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 312
I have constructed 4 amplifier those last days

And i perceive that during the adjustments, the electrolitic condenser that is installed into the VBE multiplier, from colector to emitter, is turning adjustment hard.

The consumption of current there is low...and the condenser is an overkill...when you increase bias it keep it stable and delays when you want to reduce.... because of that, i suggest you to use smaller values....2,2uf for instance is working fine.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• vbe multiplier condenser.gif
    vbe multiplier condenser.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 294
Re: There's two modifications needed to High Resolution II

Hi Carlos :)

I'm still way busy but glad to see everything is still shaping up nicely.

I see some other changes to the schematic on Greg's web site. Using his schematic Z1, Q5, C4, C7, C19 and C23 are all connected to the lifted ground (SE). Is this change important ?

Also, a question I keep forgetting to ask: What does the 4n5 cap in the ccs actually do ? I remember following Grahams advice when I was debugging my first board that removing this cap allowed me to use a much smaller value for C.dom. This was probably a result of my buggy board, but I'm a curious cat ;)

Hi Cat, I think your layout caused many of your issues...
That cap works in both my channels without any problems, useing Wima FKP2.
The cap on the bias servo, you were right about, it can cause unstability, which is why I left it out completely in my amp. If someone wishs to add it, I'd suggest they get a <2u2 axial leaded electrolytic and install it under the PCB where the servo connects, it should not be mush bigger than a resistor if the 4u7 63v ones I have are anything to go by...

even with the 4n7 cap i am still running only slightly over 20pf as Cdom, but as Carlos requested it, I will amend this to 150pf in the official boards, people with scopes are welcome to experiment with lower Cdom values, to find the lowest stable value.

Status
Not open for further replies.