Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re "Dx Turbo" Version

Hi Carlos

I will construct the supply tonight when I get home and take some voltage readings with the resistor values. Will let you know of the values.

I want to use this amp to produce sound at parties and at home. I also want to show my friends that you don't need a expencive amplifier to produce good quality sound. This is a challenge for me. And last I like to build amplifiers and test them. I like the Dx sound.

Will get back to you with those readings.

Thank you very much for your help. Let's build a monster "Dx".

macd:D :D :D

All right..we gonna do it...guaranteed and today!

Into 4 ohms it will produce 150 clean watts (RMS)...do you want it to hold 4 ohms loads and 2 ohms loads.

Do you want a lot of parallel transistors.?

Do you want an overcurrent protections?

Do you want to spend money with more condenser to supply?

We can arrange 450 watts....more or less...over 2 ohms...clean watts...do you want this "animal"...brute force Bandit"?

I understood what you want...parties, friends...hummmm good idea...we gonna make it... and it will be fine.... extra thunder bass and incredible superb treble!

regards,

Carlos

Well..... the Dx turbo was simulated once more.

It is fine into the simulator...very good results.

But distortion increase a little...hehe...nothing is perfect in this world.

But still very good.

I will construct, in 2 hours i will be back with the tested schematic.

Almost the same it will be.

This is the maximum power... entering the threshold of clipping and using 2 ohms loads...this is the absolute maximum power with 6 pairs of transistors in the output.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 6 pairs, 56v and 2 ohms.jpg
    6 pairs, 56v and 2 ohms.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 320
Those power informed, they will depend that the supply keep the voltage stable

As this do not happens, the result will be lower in numbers.

This option is using 4 ohms loads...or speakers, and 56 stable volts, off course positive and negative referenced to the ground.

It uses 4 output pairs in parallel and can hold a very good power.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 4 pairs, 56v and 4 ohms.jpg
    4 pairs, 56v and 4 ohms.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 311
Well Macd, this is the best option, as do not spend too much money and produce

A very reasonable power.

This one uses 3 transistor pairs, 8 ohms loads (or speakers) and the supply must keep 56 volts stable.

I will see this one in the real life...will pump here in two hours.

bye.

Carlos

Attachments

• 3 pairs, 56v, 8 ohms.jpg
    3 pairs, 56v, 8 ohms.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 295
Multissim 2001 Ryssen....the amplifier is playing

Quality is almost the same....but i am using 74 volts supply.

This sent the power to 270 watts..... i had to wire two 150 watts speakers in parallel and they are hitting the end of the magnetic block...hitting the bottom.

Very dangerous this amplifier....i tried once and i gave up... than i have have installed a 5 ohms resistance made using electrical shower wire as load (it almost burned...red hot, could not check full power for more than a second!)... from there, from the load resistance i pick a sample of the audio to the speaker using series 100 ohms resistance.

It is a monster.... each power transistor were biased with 4 miliamps each one... i have used 3 pairs only (the ones i have).... bias adjusted to 40 miliamps to positive rail.... the negative you already know the difference.

Temperature was normal considering the power.... i have not good heatsinks to this power.

Than i removed the load and those two speakers were used, in series, as load....and i keep myself listening to 70 watts of average power....more than the Dx can produce over 8 ohms loads..... very clean audio..... a little better than Dx.....because very distant from the clipping power in this level.

It is fine.... go ahead Macd, i am here to help if needed.

Remember that all condenser will need replacement by a bigger voltage units.... minimum will be 70 volts....better 100 volts or more.

The bootstrap resistances will need 0,5 to 1 watt resistances to that position...the 0.33 ohms used into emitters can be 5 watts each one...but it is better 10 watts.

My supply was enougth, but condensers were not...only 6800uF each rail..... as i did not used full power (it may go above 300W distorting a little...with 75 volts.

Using your supply it will be around 150 watts...and i have increase the rail resistances.... to reduce a little the power and to keep more stable the input voltage.

Good luck Macd..and be carefull with your speakers.

hehe....i cannot guarantee them.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dx turbo forum size.jpg
    dx turbo forum size.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 316
It will not be used for too much long time...i feel danger to my speaker with this

supply voltage into a P2P construction...awfull spider.... no way to use it that way.

I will listen for one hour more and will dismount the monster.

Really...it is too much strong!

Because 74 plus 74 volts.

The drivers are 2SC4793 and 2SA1837...input 2N5401.... VAS is 2SC4793... i had the need to increase the miller to 33 picofarads.

Output is 2SC5200 and 2SA1943.... three pairs to 8 ohms.

The sketch i made it very fast..there are missing indications there,but there are some modifications done that are observed...also the resistances that are trimpot in the reality.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• transistores and details.jpg
    transistores and details.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 308
I am thinking to construct this one tomorow....maybe tonigth

Do you think this one can "eat Dx amplifier"?

I can say it will not....negative.

This one seems something once watched in Pavel files...but Pavel ones were better.

Will this one sounds incredible?

I will know that soon

BTW...i have made Leach amplifier once more....hehe...negative...Dx sounds better!

Sorry Ostry.... i will do it with respect.. because of you,.... The Dx amplifier will smash it tenderly.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• from poland ostry b.jpg
    from poland ostry b.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 479
Sorry Ostry, it was too much unstable into the simulator

Differences of 1.5 percent in values of resistance and it goes to hard unstability.

Voltages turn unballanced...very hard into the simulator.

Do you have made this one in real life?

I think would be a miracle to have it stable.

Simulators are very good...as our Grandfather....very kind...they accept everything...but...when simulators says NO!.... it is better not even try!

I Quit related this one...i am out!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• unstable ostry.jpg
    unstable ostry.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 307
Status
Not open for further replies.