Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Carlos,

Glad that you finally built an amplifier that please your ear, mind and soul. :) I will surely build one later.

Looking at you board. May I know why did you choose to mount the VBE multiplier transistor far away from the power transistor whereas in AKSA amp he chose to mount it on top of the power transistor.

Ipanema.... i am sorry to say... really sorry as my dear

friend Hugh will not be happy with that.

But the transistor over the other is something awfull he made....say, related beauty.... that decision was terrible!

That sittuation, those transistors in that very sexy meeting are very ugly...to me, that solution seems that someone had the obligation to clean, to paint and to organize the Versailles Palace at France.... to make it brand new once more (do not know the word... something alike the Overhaulin we have in the cable TV....or "Pimp my ride" in the UK version) and finally decided to keep a plumbing, in vertical position, in the middle of the main room.... you know the meaning.... nice place and someone ship in the middle of the room.... left something big as a ship in the room (hehe...i hope you understood )

I told him....but he is a little biased as every designer.

The solution, would be understood as a clever idea to capture the heat directly over the transistor.... and ....if the transistor was the most hot of the pair.... and this is not the real sittuation as Hugh design is excelent and no unballance of power can be found in the output.

Also those wires over the board are a shame.... i hate that and i never used the method in my constructions..... everything in copper lines, under the board and those wires giving me the idea that something was missed there.... to complete the terrible thing, people use to assemble the VBE multiplier out of alignment you can have referenced by the power transistors... it is mounted with an error in angle.... a scandall to me.....and i am a pig related construction..i usually do not bother with those things...but that one is terrible!

About the technical reasons:

The transistor mounted, fixed, assembled (do not know the correct word) over one output transistor will receive less heat... the temperature into the transistor back metal will be higher.... if they turn less different will depend of a long time working...this will produce a delay into the VBE multiplier action... and the temperature will be always lower than the metal part that is touching the heatsink.

Because of that..... as i could have the delay, i decided to install into the heatsink.... the closer related the output will be the better soluction, to avoid too much big delay into the heat transference...but my idea was also "to produce pictures" to this forum, so, i select that place to allow me to produce pictures.

It is working fine there....there are a delay too, as Hugh have a delay too.

the big reality, my friend, is that Hugh designs do not waste any power, he use the lowest possible currents, his circuits works cool...there are absolutelly no heat...and even playing loud...when some peaks may enter the clipping, the average power produced do not make his transistors hot...only warm.

His circuit was so well designed that removing the VBE multiplier it operates fine, without thermal problems (I have tested that...i am very well impressed with Hugh designs....i think on him as a King of audio)

But the day he decided that "awfull thing"...i think he had his first entire glass of wiskie....and soldered the first units that way and had to keep that as standard...ahahahahah.

I am kidding.... he do not drink...only Cappucino Coffee.

regards,

Carlos
......................................................................................................

MicroP

Thank you.... i was testing yesterday and i cannot be humble..the unit really sounds fine.

About the images...relax.... i will be alive for 35 years more, considering my family average.

regards,

Carlos

.......................................................................................................

Sandy

I think that almost everybody is beautifull.... we belong to the nature, and our differences are very interesting.

What makes a difference between us is the character, and this takes a long time to detect (more than 20 years in close contact).. and sometimes you detect a modified character, as people changes when time goes passing by.

We recognize people watching their faces, listening their voices and watching the way they walk.... we cannot have more than a picture in our forum.... but we have that possibility...why not to use it?...the avatar is there because of that..... and people prefer to post graphic images..... faceless people i think.

We will apreciate the ones we detect as nice guys, this do not depends if they are pretty as "movie stars"..... our heart will make the magic if they are not handsome..... beauty comes from our heart, not from our eyes.

Hugh Dean, Rabbitz, Anthony Holton, Greg Erskine and others that i could see the image...they are beautifull...if not really handsome guys, my heart likes them very much....i see them as handsome folks...in special Greg, the one has the same face as John from the Beatles.

regards,

Carlos

Will this amplifier eat Dx amplifier in the breakfast.

Will this expensive circuit, from the eighties.... will the extremely famous brand able to sound better than simple circuit?

This one have 20 transistors....more than 185 watts RMS.... a very expensive high quality famous amplifier...will it sound incredible?

We will see that in the next exciting chapter.

My people.... surrounding friends...and audio club members will evaluate with me..also childrens will cooperate.

If positive i will open a thread about.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• monster small.jpg
    monster small.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 348
Nordic said:
My DX will smash it... well, crush it... just put it underneath....

hahaahahha...... our Dx's will burn it!!!!

I am getting sick with DX!!! :)

I am searching for software to calculate my new PS. One soft showed me that this stuff can produce 30-0-30 at ~15Amp on each rail :D , but I think with 18cm^2 it can produce more.....

I ordered new speakers an a lot of parts to crate my BIG Dx. 5 chanels+ 1turbo DX for SUB.... spent all my money....

Thanks to Dx crew!!!

Attachments

• cimg1099.jpg
    cimg1099.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 276
The one i was trying was a Nakamichi schematic from 1980.

A very expensive equipment...and famous too.

Sounded not good enought to be compared with my beloved Dx amplifier..... i do not want to talk too much...but Dx had smashed it.

The amplifier sounded fine...very normal..very standard...very mufled...very bad in dinamics....very high power...very bad voices..very strange amplifier.

It has an automatic off set control and another circuit to control over current...those things killed the sonics.

I will not more try famous equipments.

I will construct only units people say sounded better than Dx amplifiier or sounded better than Symassym , or sounded better than Aksa or sounded better than GEM.

It is very deceptive.

Of course i have checked...all Vbe correct.....everything working fine...voltages correct...no transistor hot...off set very small (controled by the ballancing circuit included into the schematic)....and despite all features..... bah!

Here is the image.... the one is going to the grave yard to be buried (will be transfomed in parts...dismounted)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• not good enougth.gif
    not good enougth.gif
    83.1 KB · Views: 317
I am happy as you all are feeling good with Dx amplifier.

Ecat is waiting a little.

Nordic finished his enclosure...very good Nordic.... seems professional.

New adress from Latvia..... Microp is happy too.... your new E mail was saved.... 5 channels with the turbo version... fine!

Very good.

Enjoy Dx amplifier..... i will do that rigth now!

regards,

Carlos

Sorry Sandy....absolutelly no chance for this Naka

:D :D :D :D :D

Did not received the traditional double barreled shot because the one gave me the schematic... only because respect dedicated to that folk that asked me to listen the Nakamichi.

This Naka....also the Blamefest, and circuits alike, can go together to Jupiter with one way ticked!

Mine Dx is competitive related the Aksa55....but loose a little into the treble.... the Aksa 55 Nirvana is much better, difference of sound is clear...and Lifeforce is one more step up

There are top performers around....not this Nakamichi 620 i have made.... for this one...even little Dx is too much good!

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.