Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.... Rabbitz removed the high speed special rectifiers to220

And decided to use this rectifier bridge.

He perceived something bad with the others..

Those things, perceived listening...are very interesting.

Thank you Rabbitz to share those things with us.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• very good board.jpg
    very good board.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 350
Re: Interesting.... Rabbitz removed the high speed special rectifiers to220

destroyer X said:

And decided to use this rectifier bridge.

He perceived something bad with the others..

Those things, perceived listening...are very interesting.

Thank you Rabbitz to share those things with us.

regards,

Carlos

Hello

Maby the high speed special rectifiers was doing switching noise.

Gaetan

Re: Ecat.... i am thinking you have faced problems.... if happened this way

Still here :) Thank you for your concern.

No problems, just work getting in the way and using up time :(

I started on the power supply while thinking about the best way to mount the transistors on my heatsinks. Still thinking lol.

Thinking and still reading, oh yes, reading and learning.

Re: Re: Interesting.... Rabbitz removed the high speed special rectifiers to220

gaetan8888 said:

Hello

Maby the high speed special rectifiers was doing switching noise.

Gaetan

They were the MUR860 and they tended to make the amp lose some drive and punch.... sort of laboured. I think this was the wrong application for them as they work well on my ChipAmp supplies. The bridge rectifier used is 400V 35A.

Now we know.

Anodize aluminium

By Gaetan

Better supply driving power amplifiers:

By Rabbitz

No problems with the amplifier said Ecat

So..everything under control.

This thread is interesting.... i use to learn a lot here.

regards,

Carlos

I was in the Market to find the Oxalic Acid Post #2116
product (Acido Oxálico).

It is diluted with water.

Reacts with aluminium and produces a white surface.

It is sold to remove iron oxide from your shirts.

regards,

Carlos

Hello

If you want to do chemical anodizing, since rhubarb contain Oxalic Acid you use it and do rubarb pie at the same time :yummy: :)

Just a little joke, but rhubarb really contain Oxalic Acid.

Gaetan

Re: Rhubarb... if the same Ruibarbo, a vegetable to eat.

destroyer X said:

It is not too much used in my place... but i heard that name once gaetan.

regards,

Carlos

Hello

Yes, Rhubarb and Ruibarbo are the same, and here in Quebec we make delicious pie with them. :yummy:

Here's some receipt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhubarb_pie

A bit of topic but food and music can go together. :)

Gaetan

In the seventies we had a liquid called "Pratex" here

In English...the name could be "Silverer"

It was a liquid, transparent, no color and no smell.

And we could have it inside small bottles made of plastic...with the top made with the shape to produce drops of liquid.

Those small bottles we can have when we buy medicine to ear pains..or to clean our noses...or to head cave infections (sinusitis)

We use to wet a cotton swab (cottonete by Johnsons and Johnsons), and touch the PC board copper lines.... immediately the copper lines turns into silver lines...very pretty.... could reduce copper oxide action..but could not avoid finger prints.

Today...this would cost 20000 dolares and would be sold for some crazy guys to produce "brigth silver treble sonics"

Was interesting...board ready and receiving a coating with varnish or something that could avoid you to touch the lines with fingers...resulted very pretty.

For sure.... those 5 percent of crazy folks we have would perceive, immediately better treble.... clean sound with less noise...ahahahhaa.

they are lovely...and extremely crazy too.

regards,

Carlos

Dx amplifier reproduces nice sonics to people that love Chemicall things too.

Enjoy Dx amplifier... it is for free .... will eat other amplifiers, but may loose for your better one not to bother you too much.

It is a nice amplifier, as it will not shock you too much.

Soon.... the Dx amplifier will eat a Nakamichi design into the breakfast..

Please... if you have a heart disease or some strong emotional problem...or if you have paid 10000 dollares for your amplifier... do not try the Dx amplifier.... as you may produce an emotional shock that can kill you when perceive that expensive units can even lost for the simple Dx amplifier.

This was in the theories all time long.... each circuit (stage) create distortions and problems....if you can make it simple will result better (JLH as example)

Pass is showing us this all time long...... compare his BGT designs with FET designs related sonics and conclude by yourself... i will say nothing!

Having a very expensive unit.... please, continue thinking that nothing can beat it...will be better to your health and better to my conscience.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_3867.gif
    img_3867.gif
    89.9 KB · Views: 274
Hi I am back!

Still enjoying Dx great sound!

With heatsinks you were right... They must be VERY HUGE!!! Even at headphone volume it warms up pretty well. I have not tested it at full power.... waiting for termoresistor i have ordered.

And then... with thermal protection.... oooooooo... run my neighbours run...

Yes dear Microp...you will bother people living near you.

The punch of bass is impressive...in my speakers and home, it is too much strong.

I have burned a 150 watts speaker.... when producing big bass (can go to 120 watts clean during peaks)

This depends from the supply.... also the circuit, in special the input condenser that is too much big (could be 100N only) for some speakers and some home.

Also the feedback line condenser produces this nice bass (220uf one)

Treble is clear because the small value used into the miller capacitor (22 to 27 picofarads)

The amplifier is simple and have no secrets...reason why sounds fine...clear...and having low parts count, finishes sounding better than a lot of other ones in the same power level.

The drivers needs small heatsinks... square aluminium attached using screw.... squared... 20 milimeters sides will be enougth....not having them you can have thermal drift.

For one channel... 4700 each rail is enougth....but...if possible... try the supply suggested into the home page as produced advantages over the old one i was using.

Use the VBE multiplier... cannot he hot using headphone...not hot in stand by mode... even driving full power for an hour, the temperature measured here was 42 degrées celsius (hot fever to humans).... and my environment temperature, when measuring, was 29 degrées celsius.

For safety reasons...please, do this test:

Produce a short circuit into the input... alive shorted to ground... so..no signal at the input....now install your speaker or keep it installed if already made.... hold your multimeter and turn it to read AC volts.... 20 volts is fine position...now measure the output... any AC voltage can be present there... having voltage you will be having oscilations that are heating your unit...check it.

Removing oscilations (it is easy to make) you will have even better sonics...much better sonics in reality.

Be happy!

this is the payment i have.... people beeing happy.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_0143.jpg
    img_0143.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 328
Status
Not open for further replies.