Replacement caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi having just replaced a blown channel in my nakamichi amplifier 1, i quite fancy replacing the big power caps which are nichicon great supply negative 10000uf 63v, these i gather are no longer avalible has anyone an idea of sutible replacements, also can i raise the value of the caps without any problems?

thanks.

Re: repalcement caps

reddish75 said:
hi having just replaced a blown channel in my nakamichi amplifier 1, i quite fancy replacing the big power caps which are nichicon great supply negative 10000uf 63v, these i gather are no longer avalible has anyone an idea of sutible replacements, also can i raise the value of the caps without any problems?

thanks.

10 mF / 63 Volt is a quite standard value. Don't raise caps value if you don't know the detail of the entire PSU circuit (especially rectifiers and power transformers data.

Hi
Piercarlo

Andrew
you've got your milli and micro mixed up.

No I don't....Just an old fart who refuses to change!!!!
From what I have seen in the past the US is terrible at sticking to the convention

Thats what makes us unique were "unconventional" "Always keep the b**tards guessing.LOL

So they don't use "uuf" anymore or "mfd" damn!!! Its like learning this stuff all over again. Give me time guys hell I just got the hang of 2k2 being 2.2 kilohm.Little steps...LOL;)

Hi,
k=kilo=10^3 multiplier.
K=degree Kelvin= temperature units.
K seems to be interchangable with C, I don't know if there is a definition difference. Can someone enlighten?

All the multipliers above 1times are upper case except k to avoid confusion with K.
All the multipliers below 1times are lower case and that also avoids confusion between m & M (pity some still confuse u & m (u=mu=micro=10^-6).

. K seems to be interchangable with C, I don't know if there is a definition difference. Can someone enlighten?

Is exactly the same unit with displaced start of graduated scale. "°K" Kelvin start "0" from the absolute physical zero (i.e. total absence of any kind of moving or speed in the matter - for this reason "°K" are ALWAYS positive; don't exist any "negative" °K). "°C" start instead from the icing point of water and admit negative values.

In practice the ony signficative difference between "Kelvin" and "Celsius" is a constant of displacement in graduated scale: 0 °C = 273.15 °K, usually rounded to 273 °K.
For rounding purposes, when charactering semiconductor devices respect to ambient temperature, °K are set to 300 °K (27 °C) instead of 278 °K (25 °C)... Is not a great concern, except in remind that engineers are not ever so perfect as they claim to be... ;).

Hi
Piercarlo

So to avoid confusion I will use fahrenheit and you guys can do the math conversion. I currently work in the pharm/Biological for animals .we use on a daily basis kilo,celcius,milli, yada yada yada.
But to be truthful I,ve never ever until yesterday heard of a millifarad.... farad,micro,pico,nano. and always assumed mf=uf hell just look in a Allied or Newark catalog they use them as the same. I guess your never to old to learn something:)

Attachments

• mfd.jpg
    mfd.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 78
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.