Post your Solid State pics here

HQQF_3.jpg

Very nice Federmann. Excellent build quality. Man after my own heart. Looks great! My current project is a small integrated amp with both analog and digital input, centered around a little TA2022 T-amp board. Had to adjust my hardware design a bit this week, but luckily it was discovered before I sent off my files and panels to FPE (Front Panel Express) for milling. :) Here's the layout of the inside.

Rick

Attachments

• P1080732.jpg
    P1080732.jpg
    999.9 KB · Views: 1,102
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Some pictures of my e-Amp. 180W per channel, but easily delivers 250W into 8 Ohms. There is a full write up and circuits etc on my website for those that have not seen it yet. Weighs about 30 kg's.

The other amp in the pics is my original Ovation 250 - there are some more pics of that one near the begining of this thread (2nd page I think).

As always, fully balanced design!

Attachments

• e-amp4.jpg
    e-amp4.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 763
  • e-amp3.jpg
    e-amp3.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 535
  • e-amp2.jpg
    e-amp2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 511
  • e-amp1.jpg
    e-amp1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Some pictures of my e-Amp. 180W per channel, but easily delivers 250W into 8 Ohms. There is a full write up and circuits etc on my website for those that have not seen it yet. Weighs about 30 kg's.

The other amp in the pics is my original Ovation 250 - there are some more pics of that one near the begining of this thread (2nd page I think).

Very impressive looking Bonsai.

Wow, that is a very "strong" power supply, no wonder it can deliver 250 watts easily!!! Very nice ;)

PS: Ten transistors per channel?

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Wow, that is a very "strong" power supply, no wonder it can deliver 250 watts easily!!! Very nice ;)

PS: Ten transistors per channel?

Yes - 10 transistors per channel. Its rated at 180W because thats where the distortion is at about 10ppm at 20 kHz. I will do another big amp again, rated for 250 W but would go for 16 outputs per channel. Probably stick exaclty with the e-Amp formula but just beef up the output stage. Kinda like the Spitfire story - just keep on improving it. The next amp will add jumper selectable MIC to the MC and TMC the current e-Amp design has.

The transformer is rated for 1kVA. The older Ovation 250 transformer is rated at 2kVA :-0. That delivers 500W per channel into 4 Ohms. I never had the guts to try it on a 2 ohm load - it also used 10 trannies per channel which is not quite enough in my view for something that big. I noticed that the new Moon top of the range amp, rated at 800W per chan into 8 ohms uses 32 outputs per channel.

That said, the e-Amp does sound awesome - fast, punchy and very clean. I am very happy with it.

BUT first: I will complete my new pre-amp with tone controls. Big, expensive project!

Thanks for the comments redjr! Appreciate it.

Last edited: