Post your Solid State pics here

Good Result OStripper - I know you have been working on this for a few months but finally its come together. From what you say, it measures well, and I hope it sounds as good too.

Thanks , B ....

I haven't commented much on my subjective opinion as it would not be worth much anyways. What I will say is that it is REAL and VERY loud. Tapped the voice coils on 2 paralleled 15" pioneer woofers per channel then I turned it down. Does 100v P/P with the greatest of ease. into a 8R load scoped 130v p/p for a short while. PS did not even get warm , I think it would support an even larger amp.

What is so nice, I will be able to let my AX "blameless"(BELOW 1) "spread it's wings" on this power plant ... also have a pair of the blameless that are like DX's "blame ES" (BX)to see if they have any sonic merit. (BELOW 2)

SOOOO cool .. a true DIY'ers amp. :D

OS

Attachments

• ax.jpg
    ax.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 1,851
  • bx.jpg
    bx.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 1,824
if these go together then that is just 13% losses from fully charged PSU to Maximum output voltage. That's a good result. Now see what short term voltage it can pass to 2r6. This will indicate how well it meets current demand.

I don't think my OPS could handle 2.6R at that level sustained , andrew. My SOA is not sufficient at those levels. Maybe in the future I will build a 4 pair MOSFET power board to really load that PSU.
OS

I don't think my OPS could handle 2.6R at that level sustained , andrew. My SOA is not sufficient at those levels. Maybe in the future I will build a 4 pair MOSFET power board to really load that PSU.
OS
that surprises me.

An 8ohm capable amplifier must be able to drive an 8ohm speaker.
The stress of driving an 8ohm amplifier is similar to driving a 2r6 resistor.

I see that Bob Cordell also uses the three times rule for what he has termed Ireserve.

If your amp cannot survive a few seconds into one third of rated resistive loading then in my opinion it cannot be rated correctly in the first place.

BTW,
a few seconds is sufficient to pull down the PSU to full sag and to pass what is effectively a continuous sinewave test signal while the output stage is still fairly close to normal operating temperature. Do Not let the output or driver devices get hot! That may over-stress the amplifier into a 2r6 resistive load.

PS.
have you used Bensen's spreadsheet to assess the de-rated SOAR for your output stage?

Last edited:
Uhhhh... huh ?? Pictures.
Have a whole bunch of them , many pictures. Here is one..
Will stuff these today. We can comment on a picture ,huh?
Andrew T. will request a move of a few posts to "mongrel folder".. they would be more useful there.

Edit : to comment on a build will enrich the DIY'er with much knowledge to bring his success "up to par" , I have gained
skills and techniques by asking on this thread "how did you"?? or (where/why).

OS

Attachments

• little dogs.jpg
    little dogs.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,702
Last edited:
Recently finished voltage amplifier.

I've finished an opamp to drive my SE class A mosfet amp. I just wanted to share a beautifull pic :D The diagram is only in my head. The TL082 and elco's perform just aswell as a BB opa2228 and MKT/MKP caps. With the pot's I an set the desired gain. It is made a non inverting amp.

Together with the mosfet amp I have put it in an equalizer.

Attachments

• IMG_2370.JPG
    IMG_2370.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_2361.JPG
    IMG_2361.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 591