Post your Solid State pics here

MJL21193 said:
And the back. Not as glamorous but functional. Stainless steel, like the feet.

Nice enclosure.

My last two amp builds have used PC cases.
I like the old flat type rather than the towers so I can put a mixer on top.

Just finished my 500WRMS (approx) amp and it sounds good.
I put more effort into the bias cct this time and there is no crossover distortion at all now. Sounds really good.

Damn, there's another venturi nut on the block. :bigeyes:
Great project.

Makes one wonder why so many spend big bucks on utterly shabby and ugly cases, a sleek MDF case (with copper sheet inside lining) does a much better looking job.
Join the polyurethane paint addiction club, folks.

(for a minute there i had a cramped butt, assuming someone pulled even more SCRATCHLESS alloy scrap angles from a trailer)

New

The PGP amp is singing from under the table, new generation amp is in works...

Stay tuned!

Attachments

• img_001.jpg
    img_001.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 3,904
Re: Re: New

snoopy said:

I'm not trying to pry but how come you have the same hompage content (different URL) as Edmond Stuart ??

http://home.tiscali.nl/audio/

Am I missing something ??

cheers

Yes you do. The PGP amp was a common project. Eventually, we parted our ways and currently I don't have (and do not wish to) any control over the project website at home.tiscali.nl/audio

As it is, my site will be updated with my own projects, as much as Edmond is maintaining his other site with his own other projects.

snoopy said:

I'm not trying to pry but how come you have the same hompage content (different URL) as Edmond Stuart ??
cheers

From the website:
"This project is the result of a long distance cooperation between Edmond (a Dutch retired electronics engineer) and Ovidiu (a Canadian engineer). "

Could Syn08 be that Canadian engineer? :scratch:

Re: Re: Re: New

syn08 said:

Yes you do. The PGP amp was a common project. Eventually, we parted our ways and currently I don't have (and do not wish to) any control over the project website at home.tiscali.nl/audio

As it is, my site will be updated with my own projects, as much as Edmond is maintaining his other site with his own other projects.

OK that makers sense ;)

cheers

snoopy said:

cheers

Hi Snoopy,

Indeed, you are missing something, i.e. my current URL. :)
As soon as I have completed my new website, I'll make that one public.

The other URL: http://home.tiscali.nl/audio is a 'remnant' of a joint project from the past. By now, it is out of date and will be superseded by a few other designs based on new insights.

Cheers,
Edmond.

Here is my latest addition - a Borbely all-FET subwoofer crossover. Crossover freq 100Hz, 24dB/oct, separate hp filter boards and summing lp filter board. Borbely low noise FET power supplies used for each channel & lp filter.
This picture is the finished unit enclosed in a custom case made by Front Panel Express

Attachments

• borb-finished.jpg
    borb-finished.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 3,102
smithy666 said:
And the completed project ready for the covers to go on. I enclosed each filter in its own metal enclosure.
Now to build the matching subwoofer amp using an Aussie Amplifiers' module.....

This looks really nice! You must have given it quite some thought how to shape this project.

I would be interested to hear how your filter performs.

Szekeres VE as published by RJM

This is my version of the Szekeres VE as described by RJM. This buffer performs extremely well. As there are no signal caps anywhere, the fet selection and mounting will influence the DC at the output.
I managed to have 500uV as a maximum DC level at the output.

Attachments

• p1010167.jpg
    p1010167.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 3,512
nigelwright7557 said:

Nice enclosure.

My last two amp builds have used PC cases.
I like the old flat type rather than the towers so I can put a mixer on top.

Just finished my 500WRMS (approx) amp and it sounds good.
I put more effort into the bias cct this time and there is no crossover distortion at all now. Sounds really good.

hi nigelwright7557,

is there possible to see the circuit diagram for 500wrms amp? if u can't post it here pls send me to my email address: mitoo_singapore@yahoo.com

thank you.