Post your Solid State pics here. - Page 329 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd November 2013, 04:28 PM   #3281
diyAudio Member

heres My DIY amp b500 by APEX audio =)..

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by sandman15th; 22nd November 2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 26th November 2013, 06:08 AM   #3282
diyAudio Member

Nice cooling tunnel. How quiet are the fans ?
Old 26th November 2013, 07:46 AM   #3283
diyAudio Member

Doing the hardware first (2 identical units) and then deciding what to actually stick in them. Still need cleaning up and anodizing. Sinks should be good for up to around 80W per channel class-A
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amps.jpg (302.3 KB, 1210 views)
Old 26th November 2013, 10:29 AM   #3284
quan is offline quan  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi what amp is that ? . Any internal pictures?
quan
Old 26th November 2013, 10:34 AM   #3285
lucylu is offline lucylu  England
diyAudio Member

Looks great ,,you are very skilled in metalwork ,be nice to see when finished. Regards. Jon
Old 27th November 2013, 01:30 AM   #3286
diyAudio Member

Default New Enclosures

Thx for the comments. Inside view. Enclosure only at the moment. Have mill in the garage so can do some milling (I am fitter by trade from another life) Need to finish off venting in the lid and base as well.
Probably put a design based on the blameless/badger in one of these and something else in another (SKA??) so I can truly compare.
Will also integrate a CS4398 DAC, so will end up to be really a "digital only" integrated amp (not interested in analog inputs since everything I own is SPDIF)

I now own a company that designs/manufacturers audio equipment for tourism, but haven't built a decent amp from myself in 20 yrs. Have plenty of experience in PCB design/layout and also with DAC's, but not much recently with true analog design, so learning quite a bit all over again (Thx Cordell and Self)

Have some Tannoy DC8T's and an old-ish Denon AVC-A1SE which is in serious need of an upgrade to match my speakers!!

Jas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020232.JPG (400.6 KB, 552 views)
Old 27th November 2013, 10:32 AM   #3287
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonp4113 View Post
Thx for the comments. Inside view. Enclosure only at the moment. Have mill in the garage so can do some milling (I am fitter by trade from another life) Need to finish off venting in the lid and base as well.
Probably put a design based on the blameless/badger in one of these and something else in another (SKA??) so I can truly compare.
Will also integrate a CS4398 DAC, so will end up to be really a "digital only" integrated amp (not interested in analog inputs since everything I own is SPDIF)

I now own a company that designs/manufacturers audio equipment for tourism, but haven't built a decent amp from myself in 20 yrs. Have plenty of experience in PCB design/layout and also with DAC's, but not much recently with true analog design, so learning quite a bit all over again (Thx Cordell and Self)

Have some Tannoy DC8T's and an old-ish Denon AVC-A1SE which is in serious need of an upgrade to match my speakers!!

Jas
When I bought plate aluminum cut to size from Capral it all came with bows in it, do you have that issue?

David

PS Nice case buy the way, I had mine powder coated with Interpon Asteroid looks great cost a bit though. I got lucky as the powder coater had just enough left to do my cases otherwise it would have cost a LOT more.
Old 27th November 2013, 10:29 PM   #3288
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ828 View Post
When I bought plate aluminum cut to size from Capral it all came with bows in it, do you have that issue?

David

PS Nice case buy the way, I had mine powder coated with Interpon Asteroid looks great cost a bit though. I got lucky as the powder coater had just enough left to do my cases otherwise it would have cost a LOT more.

Heatsinks came from Conrad. I had to machine them as they weren't exactly square. They aren't extrusions but instead are high pressure injected aluminium. Plate came from Action Aluminium in Brisvegas and they cut to size which was great as many places won't and instead want you to buy 2.4m x 1.2m sheets! I plan to get the all the silver parts linished and anodized.
The front is also to have a LCD graphic display as I am planning a few neat features for this design using a STM32 processor (ARM cortex M3)
Old 28th November 2013, 02:11 AM   #3289
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonp4113 View Post
Heatsinks came from Conrad. I had to machine them as they weren't exactly square. They aren't extrusions but instead are high pressure injected aluminium. Plate came from Action Aluminium in Brisvegas and they cut to size which was great as many places won't and instead want you to buy 2.4m x 1.2m sheets! I plan to get the all the silver parts linished and anodized.
The front is also to have a LCD graphic display as I am planning a few neat features for this design using a STM32 processor (ARM cortex M3)
Was the aluminum from Action Aluminum flat & true when you got it?
Old 28th November 2013, 06:37 AM   #3290
diyAudio Member

Flat: yes, true: not originally. I asked them how "accurate" they could get it square and they said to within a mm over the size I required - well they had to go and cut a few of the pieces twice since they were off square by 3mm over a 300mm length.

Hide this!Advertise here!