Post your Solid State pics here. - Page 226 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2012, 12:29 PM   #2251
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamranyousaf View Post
Sir,

Can u plz share its Schematic with parts list & PCB (Just power amp's not protection circuit etc) etc at kamran.yousafb@gmail.com
Hi kamranyousaf,

You can go to AMB's web site here The β24 Fully-differential Power Amplifier and request the schematics. Ti has a BOM for it as well. You can access their store and buy the PCBs and some of the parts if needed.

Thanks
Do
Old 14th February 2012, 03:57 AM   #2252
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchio View Post
Hi kamranyousaf,

You can go to AMB's web site here The β24 Fully-differential Power Amplifier and request the schematics. Ti has a BOM for it as well. You can access their store and buy the PCBs and some of the parts if needed.

Thanks
Do
Thanks Dear ,

Have you tried their schematics & pcb's etc.
Old 15th February 2012, 12:36 AM   #2253
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamranyousaf View Post
Thanks Dear ,

Have you tried their schematics & pcb's etc.
Yep,

The version I built is using their PCBs. It is four layer so it would be quite hard to do this properly with only two layers.

The price is good for this level of quality

Don't hesitate, just buy! You'll love it

Do
Old 15th February 2012, 04:43 AM   #2254
rfj5106 is offline rfj5106  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Another L20 amplifier

This is my second L20 amplfier with 10 less volts in the transformer secondaries but 1 ampere of current more than the previous amp had. This amp runs cool while the last one runs quite warm. Both have the same size heat sinks. The L20 is a fairly popular circuit board offered for sale by several Ebay vendors. I liked my first one and decided to build another using dual Hammond 182F30 transformers that I had on hand. I substituted the new L20 for the old L20 and did not hear a difference. The old L20 had bumped an aging Carver TFM-15b which was relegated to driving the rear speakers in my 5.1 system. The new L20 bumps the Carver once again. The Carver will be appearing on Craigslist soon.

This amp incorporates a 'soft start' circuit that activates when the red button is pressed on the front. I however, want to know when AC power is reaching the amplifier and I wanted to be able to turn off the AC to the amplifier without shutting down my whole system so hence the toggle switch and amber light. The amber light signifies that AC is applied to the amp, the green light signifies the red button has been pushed and the amp is completely powered up. The soft start circuit also has 2 temperature sensors that attach to the heat sink and shuts down the AC if the heat sink reaches 75 C. There is also a speaker relay circuit which mutes the amp at start up and shut down.

The meters in front are connected to the speaker output by JLM (of Australia) buffer boards. The level controls attenuate the input signals. I used 100K Alps because that is what I had, but 50K would be better suited. Adding meters and level controls is a royal pain and very time consuming and I see why most builders forgo this. Front power switches are also a pain. But I find these features to be very useful and hard to live without.

To save space, I stacked the power supply boards and the toroidal transformers. Is this a bad idea? Comment would be welcome on the pros and cons of this.

I am quite pleased with sound. I will probably build another L20.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BHB_front.jpg (625.5 KB, 1351 views)
File Type: jpg BHB_topoff_front.jpg (822.4 KB, 1287 views)
Old 15th February 2012, 08:31 AM   #2255
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchio View Post
Yep,

The version I built is using their PCBs. It is four layer so it would be quite hard to do this properly with only two layers.

The price is good for this level of quality

Don't hesitate, just buy! You'll love it

Do
Would you please share it with me.
Old 15th February 2012, 08:33 AM   #2256
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfj5106 View Post
This is my second L20 amplfier with 10 less volts in the transformer secondaries but 1 ampere of current more than the previous amp had. This amp runs cool while the last one runs quite warm. Both have the same size heat sinks. The L20 is a fairly popular circuit board offered for sale by several Ebay vendors. I liked my first one and decided to build another using dual Hammond 182F30 transformers that I had on hand. I substituted the new L20 for the old L20 and did not hear a difference. The old L20 had bumped an aging Carver TFM-15b which was relegated to driving the rear speakers in my 5.1 system. The new L20 bumps the Carver once again. The Carver will be appearing on Craigslist soon.

This amp incorporates a 'soft start' circuit that activates when the red button is pressed on the front. I however, want to know when AC power is reaching the amplifier and I wanted to be able to turn off the AC to the amplifier without shutting down my whole system so hence the toggle switch and amber light. The amber light signifies that AC is applied to the amp, the green light signifies the red button has been pushed and the amp is completely powered up. The soft start circuit also has 2 temperature sensors that attach to the heat sink and shuts down the AC if the heat sink reaches 75 C. There is also a speaker relay circuit which mutes the amp at start up and shut down.

The meters in front are connected to the speaker output by JLM (of Australia) buffer boards. The level controls attenuate the input signals. I used 100K Alps because that is what I had, but 50K would be better suited. Adding meters and level controls is a royal pain and very time consuming and I see why most builders forgo this. Front power switches are also a pain. But I find these features to be very useful and hard to live without.

To save space, I stacked the power supply boards and the toroidal transformers. Is this a bad idea? Comment would be welcome on the pros and cons of this.

I am quite pleased with sound. I will probably build another L20.
Sir,

Would you please share its schematic Thanks.
Old 15th February 2012, 05:25 PM   #2257
diyAudio Member

Default Symasym 5.3

Symasym 5.3 based on the original PCB artwork. I extensively reworked a surplus chassis from an old electron microscope controller to build the box. Sounds nice.

-Henry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg symasym1.jpg (197.7 KB, 1156 views)
File Type: jpg symasym3.jpg (201.2 KB, 1008 views)
File Type: jpg symasym2.jpg (195.6 KB, 1083 views)
Old 15th February 2012, 05:34 PM   #2258
Junie is offline Junie  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Beautiful
Old 15th February 2012, 06:06 PM   #2259
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

very nice made, only a on off switch, that is what I like.
Old 15th February 2012, 07:21 PM   #2260
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Nice work!

Hide this!Advertise here!