Post your Solid State pics here. - Page 217 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2011, 05:47 PM   #2161
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
They have a kind of sound we fast perceive...sadly yours is sounding like transistors...at least to me sounds this way.

Sound is good...no doubts about that...congratulations.

Yes...restrict...too much....well, i have received 1100 USD because of my rights in some musics .... i do like restrictions when they result some bucks entering my pocket, bank account or wallet.

I have posted 2 private videos in tha last post mine....take a look in sonic differences...these videos are not your sonic difference, they are only an example of sonic difference.

regards,

Carlos
I am afcourse agree that you get your mony for your work, but I have some doubs about people who get mony through the already past out artist wh himself have no need for mony anymore.

That the amp sound like transistors is for a part the fault of the pc and youtube who change the source.

Is there a part here where people can let hear music, if not I can start one.

I have hust change the crossovers, the bas was booming after the change, the capacitors who are paralelled where audio elco,s as visaton says, but I think that it are just elcos, so I have put back the old ones who has polypropileen.

I have ordered a lot of paper in oil capacitors from russia, this week I get them, together with 0.1 uf paper in oil for the amp itselfs, the two 6N13C go now in work for the mosfets, I go try to drive them with tube balls, I think that then the sound will a lot more tube like.

thanks for reply.

Last edited by kees52; 18th December 2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 19th December 2011, 08:00 AM   #2162
diyAudio Member

Default Build a Dx amplifier folks, our models can shake your life

They will shake furnitures, your body and your soul and will make you dance..pictures published..this is on topic.

The off topic part..the final one:

- Here we are not allowed to agree and disagree....this is law...my father made musics... and he died...now his 4 sons, included me, uncle charlie, receive copyright from his musics... we earn 11 hundred USD in a year (divided by 4 sons)..only this small money because one single music became famous and played constantly...it is a heritage.... dad died but sons are still alive and they have the need for money.

When someone plays the music in a Broadcasting station..then some small money is collected alike taxes..when someone sing a song in a party, a club or a ball... then money is collected...when someone make recordings with that music, vinyl or CD or even digital media..then some money is collected.

I do not like too...but it is not to me to like or not to like...it is a law and we all, brazilians, have to obbey.

No one works for free...this is the way the world goes..the way the human machine is oiled to run... in the old times we had watches that worked for free..now a days or you put battery on them or they will stop to work for you... the only 2 things i know people work for free is in foruns and in churches....and not for free, not exactly..in forum we earn, as profit, friendship and respectability..in the church we think we are going to heaven to do jobs for free..ahahahahah!

End of off topic in this thread for the next 3 monthes or mods will bite me.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (750.5 KB, 1763 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (761.6 KB, 1467 views)
Old 19th December 2011, 01:08 PM   #2163
diyAudio Member

that,s why I did made small music samples in the video and put text in it why I did that, You have not much but michael jackson gets mijons of dollars each year what go to familiy who isd already very rich. laurel and hardy also stil get miljons each year and she are dead for years.

as long if someone break songs in parts than in my opinion she don,t have to complaine there is even commercials vissible in my video here in holland, I put the video on a other place and see if you then see it.
Old 20th December 2011, 06:32 AM   #2164
diyAudio Member

Default some pictures folks.... a DIY pcboard, etched at home

A Dx Blame ST amplifier that was object of a Brazilian group buy and a nice amplifier built by Junie (Precision 1).

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DIY board etching.jpg (400.1 KB, 1309 views)
File Type: jpg Dx Blame ST - Brazilian group buy.jpg (544.1 KB, 1307 views)
File Type: jpg Junnie Precision 1.jpg (625.2 KB, 1329 views)
Old 24th December 2011, 08:15 AM   #2165
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Federmann Send a message via Skype™ to Federmann
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 24th December 2011, 03:50 PM   #2166
diyAudio Member

hihi old vu meters that is what I call nostalgie, nice.
Old 26th December 2011, 04:06 PM   #2167
diyAudio Member

Federmann: Guitar pre-amp without tubes, without transformers, with effects ... Yes? Balanced I/O ?
Old 26th December 2011, 05:20 PM   #2168
diyAudio Member

Default Oh!.... lovely VU meters

That's great

lovely

regards,

Carlos
Old 29th December 2011, 05:26 PM   #2169
vud is offline vud  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Default AX-14

My attempt to make the amplifier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_8056.JPG (421.9 KB, 504 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_8059.JPG (404.5 KB, 491 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_8058.JPG (361.8 KB, 308 views)
Old 31st December 2011, 09:44 AM   #2170
diyAudio Member

all right then ....

its been bugging me for some time to play with a couple of things ... one to try a P3A modified for higher input impedance... aim was something like 100K but finally i started with 47K

Target was to make he amp more friendly to a preamplifier which i am very happy with the DOZ i am listening the past one year but if dynamics are better with the 47K at low levels i might as well go back to a passive thingy .

Then since the specific amp will work for my bench the load is Z=8 R and that will be a fact that will not change and also the actual required power will be less than 20W for every day casual listening i though about boosting the rails to 50+50 volts to gain room for dynamic peaks ...

first listening impressions are more or less spectacular sound is more analytic bass is very tight ( middle got a bit better than previous setups ) high is plenty and crisp while everything is crystal clear ....

with bias of 70 ma for starts all seem to be fine i might as well stay there but next week i am going to see what happens with higher ...

Other than that all the rest is pretty much standard ...here is a description of the setup

----2*35 volt trafo rated at 1kva
---120.000 mfd of total capacitance
---220mfd +2.2 mks decoupling on board
---MJE 150xx Vas with 100pf miller
---my favorite drivers Bd 829-830
--- Drivers on a common heat sink with the VBE attached to it
---closely matched LTP with thermal junction

---and of course legendary original 2SA1302 2SC 3281 pair for the output

enjoy some foto and i am willing to post also measured scope readings after playing with bias and miller caps

kind regards and a very happy new P3A to everyone..... oooops i mend new year !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (47.7 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (49.1 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg 3.JPG (41.4 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg 4.JPG (51.6 KB, 324 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!