Post your Solid State pics here

never seen before!

thanks about comments
I know I'm dating myself, but as a young enthusiasts at the time and grad student, I couldn't afford the commercial kit, so I tried building one myself. Well that ended in disaster! Never did build one, but I sure wanted to. :) Then life and family got in the way and now I have the means and time to play a lot more with my hobby. It's great fun. :D

do your best

Hasi is from the Spanish hacer.
Bo is the African bit.
Best from best in Dutch.

A three word sentence which combines good parts of several cultures.
The Portuguese influence makes it sound good, no competition for Brasileira, but which language is.

All of my friends with Papiamentu/o roots are reasonably fluent in Spanish and Portuguese, besides Dutch, English and their mother tongue.
Goes to show how effective a very simple language can be.

Here's my almost completed build.

It is a Class A 100 watts bridged amplifier.

It is a heavily modified Modushop chassis. All parts anodized in blue I have made. I wanted to hide as many cables as possible so wiring is all under the transformers.

2015-08-03%25252012.54.01.jpg

Back panel

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xOEpawnuA-Y/VcfojS_TaaI/AAAAAAAACrM/ZAOlu-EhHBQ/s912-Ic42/2015-08-09%25252019.52.53.jpg

Most of the cabling is already done, just have to update some of the pictures.

Ciao!
Do

Here's my almost completed build.

It is a Class A 100 watts bridged amplifier.

It is a heavily modified Modushop chassis. All parts anodized in blue I have made. I wanted to hide as many cables as possible so wiring is all under the transformers.

2015-08-03%25252012.54.01.jpg

Back panel

Most of the cabling is already done, just have to update some of the pictures.

Ciao!
Do

Where did you buy the pus boards and amplifier boards ? Want to share some more info :) Id like to build a 100watt class a amp now..

for 100W amp the voltage output is 28.28V so suplly voltage is theoriticaly 40V practically aprox.50V

For 8Ω classA operation the current is 2.5A minimum!
so at least 200W per ch heat disapation!
can you handle it?

this is a bridged amp. so the numbers are a little diffrent, but the dissipation would be the same. but i would say a minimum of ~250W dissipation pr ch actually.
the chassis can handle 1ch. but not 2.