Post your Solid State pics here

and yet Digi-Key show:
All prices are in euro and include duties.

The same happens in the UK,
they show prices in GBP (£) and state that postage and fees and duies are paid, but their "Carrier" demands extra charges at the doorstep.
On the two occasions I have used Digi & Mouser, the Carrier extra charge was almost as expensive as the total value of the goods, before adding post & VAT..

Last edited:
and yet Digi-Key show:

The same happens in the UK,
they show prices in GBP (£) and state that postage and fees and duies are paid, but their "Carrier" demands extra charges at the doorstep.
On the two occasions I have used Digi & Mouser, the Carrier extra charge was almost as expensive as the total value of the goods, before adding post & VAT..

Andrew, have your ordered from RS components? Any problems like these with them?

RS are/were based in UK. We have no problem with importation costs.

Same for ordering from anywhere in the EU. Once the VAT is paid at the Source country there are no additional fees.

It's when a company like Digi-Key kid on that they are based in UK with UK pricing and add on UK VAT that the problems come about especially when they say that duties are paid !

Buying from the Far East has a similar importation fees cost. We know and take the charges into account when we are comparing prices.

RS are/were based in UK. We have no problem with importation costs.

Same for ordering from anywhere in the EU. Once the VAT is paid at the Source country there are no additional fees.

It's when a company like Digi-Key kid on that they are based in UK with UK pricing and add on UK VAT that the problems come about especially when they say that duties are paid !

Buying from the Far East has a similar importation fees cost. We know and take the charges into account when we are comparing prices.

It may be your courier ripping you off. I deal with Digikey's Canadian office and never have any issues. Same goes for Newark and Mouser. Not so good for other suppliers. I deal with a very crooked import broker at work here that doesn't seem to miss a beat raping me for money. Free samples can cost me $100 when they are done. I really love when they charge $50 to tell me I owe $3 in tax but duty is free!:headbash:

My JLH

Finally got it looking nice,gave it its mains switch and retro neon today.

I learned a lot of what not to do with transfomers to get hear .
The face panel is oak left over from doing my hallway. The case was an old rack that came out Tescos office from 70's .

Attachments

• IMG_20141119_214046.jpg
    IMG_20141119_214046.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 1,379
  • IMG_20141215_184842.jpg
    IMG_20141215_184842.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 1,306
  • IMG_20141215_184901.jpg
    IMG_20141215_184901.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 1,257
  • IMG_20141215_185002.jpg
    IMG_20141215_185002.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_20141215_185045.jpg
    IMG_20141215_185045.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 1,125
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I am catching a listen to some jazz via Spotify on my sx-Amp and Symphony preamp on some small book shelf speakers along with a nice glass of Merlot . I bought the speakers here in Taiwan from a guy called Pewein Chen who builds speakers - very nice smooth sound for about $80 a pair. and they are beautifully built as well. Small speakers image very well and it makes up in some ways for the lack of low end bass. Of course, these can't compete with my B&W 703's, but they are nice and relaxed . . . perfect for background Jazz or classical.

I am moving to Shanghai next week . . . won't have a system for about a month . . . iPad and headphones for a while! :D

Attachments

• hifi1.JPG
    hifi1.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,057
  • symp1.JPG
    symp1.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 901
  • sx_amp1.JPG
    sx_amp1.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 870
Last edited:
I am catching a listen to some jazz via Spotify on my sx-Amp and Symphony preamp on some small book shelf speakers along with a nice glass of Merlot . I bought the speakers here in Taiwan from a guy called Pewein Chen who builds speakers - very nice smooth sound for about $80 a pair. and they are beautifully built as well. Small speakers image very well and it makes up in some ways for the lack of low end bass. Of course, these can't compete with my B&W 703's, but they are nice and relaxed . . . perfect for background Jazz or classical.

I am moving to Shanghai next week . . . won't have a system for about a month . . . iPad and headphones for a while! :D
Hi Andrew and happy new year.
Here a lightweight and small dimensions (A4 size) amplifier. The chassis is a home made off hand construction just for mounting PCBs. The production chassis will be different.
It is ready for aptX enabling. Bluetooth module is ready and has installed the codec, we are in waiting for the license from CSR.
Our Airplay module will be available from the end of March. To the present i use Spotify through an external Airplay receiver with s/pdif optical out.
XMOS asynchronous USB2.0 high speed audio module is under process. Will be available from the end of January.
More details for project here:
Detailed Technical Walkthrough Of The JUNIOR Amplifier & DAC | Embedded HiFi, Raspberry Pi & Audio News & Projects

Attachments

• DSC01514.JPG
    DSC01514.JPG
    779.3 KB · Views: 946
  • veetop1.JPG
    veetop1.JPG
    841.2 KB · Views: 911
  • veetop2.JPG
    veetop2.JPG
    751.4 KB · Views: 618