Post your Solid State pics here. - Page 190 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th July 2011, 09:28 PM   #1891
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
pity his last post implies he does not care about anyone else.
You are wrong. I said "...your connection." Nobody else had mentioned anything to me, except for you. I was unaware of this problem. So, the only person to kindly inform me, happened to be you. Unfortunately, this resulted in a lot of uneeded posts and a general waste of time.

I think it is ridiculous that you seem to be quick to judge and act as if you know somebody's intentions and character. You may have a good life, although your posts imply that you do not, at least with respect to interpersonal relationships. I have only read a few posts from you that were anything positive. All others were either neutral or negative, with the majority being neutral (in my opinion.)

Ahh, did you catch that? Yeah, it is true I know not much about you. You may have plenty of good friends and a loving wife, etc. But, It is how I judged your character. This is not a good way to learn from each other. Although, you won't learn anything from me. I only provide lazy contributions.

And, with you acting like this, I won't learn anything from you.
Old 13th July 2011, 09:49 PM   #1892
diyAudio Member

Default Click on the exclamation sign and report moderators and they

will come to see what is going on.... better not to discuss because this is what they drive you to do ... they do that usually... to unstabilize threads i believe, bothering people and messing with posts...unhappy people maybe.

You also can put in ignore...the best way as moderators use to respect people's right to be unkind.

Build an amplifier and forget this .... continue to be positive and let it be

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg put your soul to vibrate.jpg (776.9 KB, 1355 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 13th July 2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 17th July 2011, 07:30 PM   #1893
diyAudio Member

Default My Final Integrated Amplifier

After lurking silently in DIYAudio for some time, and building audio gear for 35 years, I am pleased to present what it likely my final audio project, an integrated amplifier. I won't post too much here; there are lots of details and downloads on my website My Final Audio Amplifier. I will try to monitor this thread to answer any questions.

Since the power amp is usually of greatest interest, I attach the schematic here. It uses Exicon lateral MOSFETS, and a derivative of transitional Miller compensation. Drives 2 ohms all day long without overheating, NO stability issues or other bizarre behavior, and I'm certainly pleased with the sonics. Maybe the most interesting thing is that I used a homebrew vector network analyzer (VNA) to characterize components and do the compensation. I plan on writing a little article about VNA applications in audio work soon. It's a very powerful tool.

Thanks to all the gurus who hang out at this site, and all the wonderful hackers who make us think and hope we can build something better next time.

-Gary Johnson, WB9JPS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Overview.JPG (107.9 KB, 1085 views)
File Type: jpg Top.JPG (204.3 KB, 1169 views)
File Type: jpg Back.JPG (136.3 KB, 1108 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WB9JPS Power Amp Board.pdf (31.0 KB, 244 views)
Old 17th July 2011, 08:28 PM   #1894
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Cool ...

WOW ! Fine build, man. I see it is a simple LIN amp driving MOSFETS with MJE340/350's. How does it sound ? I was thinking of a FET version in this topology. Unique lead compensation in the feedback circuit, too .... explain ???

Beautiful craftsmanship , I am shamed to buy my used amps on fleabay (not enough tools)....

OS
Old 17th July 2011, 11:49 PM   #1895
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostripper View Post
WOW ! Fine build, man. I see it is a simple LIN amp driving MOSFETS with MJE340/350's. How does it sound ? I was thinking of a FET version in this topology. Unique lead compensation in the feedback circuit, too .... explain ???
I'm more than satisfied with the sound, though my aging ears are now troubled with tinnitus. That's why I "downgraded" from my fancy Rowland gear. But I can say that it has great low-end control over my Thiel CS3.6s (2 ohms!), not a trace of harshness, and a pleasing soundstage.

Look up transitional miller compensation here on DIY; it's also well-explained in Bob Cordell's book. The idea is to derive feedback from the final output for as wide a bandwidth as possible, thus reducing HF distortion (I got a factor of 5 improvement at 20 kHz). In my design, R9 and C4 set a "crossover" at 617 kHz, above which feedback comes from the VAS output. That avoids the extra phase shift in the output stage. It does take a bit of fiddling, and there will always be tradeoffs, but I'm very happy with the results.

-Gary
Old 18th July 2011, 12:44 AM   #1896
diyAudio Member

Ahh , I spoke to soon (and didn't look hard enough) I use good ol' TMC , too.. (mongrel , the new DIYA amp). You use 56/270p w/ 1kR - 1:5 ratio - I use 100/430-470p - 820R ... close. Another convert !

OS
Old 18th July 2011, 02:11 AM   #1897
diyAudio Member

...Somehow labelling the panel with junior's cub scout wood-burning kit would not cut it...
Old 18th July 2011, 03:48 AM   #1898
diyAudio Member

Gary

Love it, fantastic integrated amplifier (and I just came from the SF audio show).
Thanks for sharing the schematic and web-site measurements.
What do you have in mind for the final II ?

-Antonio
Old 18th July 2011, 02:36 PM   #1899
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclecamper View Post
...Somehow labelling the panel with junior's cub scout wood-burning kit would not cut it...
I can send you a better pic... It was a CO2 laser etch. The small font over the buttons was only 1/8" high. Beam waist was 10 mils.
Old 18th July 2011, 11:14 PM   #1900
CECCO is offline CECCO  Italy
diyAudio Member

OK Guys, the time for jokes is over.
After a quick training with my first baby:
Chip Amp Photo Gallery

I would like to present you my last creation.
I just finished it. Need still some more cleaning.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by CECCO; 18th July 2011 at 11:24 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!