Post your Solid State pics here

I am currently building Miha Rauta's FC-100 amplifier.

case0jkehw.jpg

Both channels work as designed, and I fastened them on the bottom plate of the ALU case.

case4qizt.jpg

Since I need some space for additional components (source selector, attenuation,...):

Shall I install the transformers one behind the other (as shown on the picture above), build some metall cage around them
and install the additional PCBs on the "first floor", or shall I stack the big black transformers one above the other?

Is there any recommendation what to do and what to do not?

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

SPEECHLESS......

yess agree

I have to build soon a case for the hybrid amp, after the pcb,s are ready afcourse, a type where the tubes can be seen on the above the front and or behind glass or plastic window, like this

The NEW Moscode 402Au Tube Hybrid Amplifier

Link as example for window, the other has the tubes up with cooling profile mosfets behind it.

Attachments

• DSCN0126.jpg
    DSCN0126.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 1,428
Last edited:
Shall I install the transformers one behind the other (as shown on the picture above), build some metall cage around them
and install the additional PCBs on the "first floor", or shall I stack the big black transformers one above the other?

Is there any recommendation what to do and what to do not?

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

How powerful are they? I find the talema/nuvotec potted transformers to be very quiet and decently shielded.
I would mount one above the other. Not sure of the little one.
Perpendicular respect the signal pcb is already the correct way :)

is that a 6C19n ?
could I see a schematic of the tube section ?
or anything you know about this tube
PM if you like/prefer

here the sound, as a idea, youtube is not so well sounding, also because I did only use a mid speaker with own little closed box and tweeter, but soundstage is big, it was a test to listen to platefollowers only. and yes, it sounds much relaxed, and special it give better bas.

real diy testing, real fun. - YouTube

Attachments

• dual-mustageamp-feedback.ms12.pdf
    52.3 KB · Views: 198
what and what not?

Whichever is easier ?
Personally, i find fully resin encapsulated tranformers less practical than regular toroidals, due to the wires sticking out from the bottom.

Plenty commercial examples of stacked transformers, with/without a metal pan cover (e.g. Threshold monaurals)
If capacitor can height isn't the issue, a double-decker is easier, having an alloy metal plate folded to size is also cheaper than buying a (tall) transformer cover.

(there was a time when me used cheapo aluminum camping cooking pots as transformer covers, only takes a can of black spray paint)

Last edited:
My new phono preamplifier design. The case and controller PCB (the one at the front) are temporary while I finish the design.

Attachments

• APP front quarter.jpg
    APP front quarter.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 1,581
  • APP rear quarter.jpg
    APP rear quarter.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 1,536
  • APP signal PCB.jpg
    APP signal PCB.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 1,503
  • APP power PCB.jpg
    APP power PCB.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 1,442
  • APP top.jpg
    APP top.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 1,340
The two stacked boards at the rear are the signal PCBs, each is one channel and has an MC amp, an EQ amp and a positive and a negative discrete regulator. The EQ stage has an adjustable filter, and can equalise LPs using the RIAA, AES, FFRR and NAB curves. Four of the reed relays are used to switch the filter, the other three select or bypass the MC stage. The 8-way DIP switch selects the cartridge loading and gain. The MC amp uses a LT1115, the EQ stage uses an OPA134 and BUF634 (I might change the OPA134).

The middle board is the power supply, and outputs four isolated 0-21VDC rails. They're connected on the signal boards to provide an isolated +/- 21VDC supply for each.

When finished, there will be a control PCB and a switch / display PCB at the front with an independent transformer and supply based on an Arduino Nano. I've not finished it though, so at the moment there's just a DIP switch, a regulator and a 9V battery to allow me to power the relays.

It sounds really good, especially with Deutsche Grammophon LPs using the AES curve. I gave it a good test last weekend using a Pro-Ject RPM9 with an Ortofon MC Rohmann cartridge.