• AX11_03.jpg
    AX11_03.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 1,009
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
BK100 test bed

Hi

Please find my modded mosfet BK module, I normally put on a chassis 1st to make sure every thing is ok before going into a case. I have used NOS mosfets 2sk174 etc .. relocated the mosfets on a L bracket for easy servicing etc.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

best regards

Nick

Last edited:
Hard wired own design

Hi all- my first post and nudie photo of my "Quasimodo" amp design.
This 50 watt continuous per channel into 4 ohms baby drives "Maggie" 1.7's surprisingly well according to Justin the new owner. He much prefers it to his previous Du$$un V8i which really surprised me!

Attachments

• Quasimodo with sub out 002.jpg
    Quasimodo with sub out 002.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 616
post3173
no thumbs up.
look at and fix the loop areas of the various circuits and Inputs/Outputs
eg.
the input wiring from the input sockets travel alone to the selector switch.
The return wire runs off in a completely different direction. That is a loop and the area of that loop determines the sensitivity to reception of interference.

Hi all- my first post and nudie photo of my "Quasimodo" amp design.
This 50 watt continuous per channel into 4 ohms baby drives "Maggie" 1.7's surprisingly well according to Justin the new owner. He much prefers it to his previous Du$$un V8i which really surprised me!

good job...how is the noise performance....aluminum is good at shielding rf....;)

@ Richard

Agree with Andrew with this one .... I know it might not sound right but i could call this project a waste of money

Regardless the schematic might be wonderful the implementation is horrible .

There is more : transistors used are of different make and something is telling me that the white labeled ones are really monkeys ( fakes )

Expect crosstalk and channel separation to hit the sky at least

The output capacitor is too small 0.22R cannot operate there the value is to low ... it doesn't do the job is supposed to be doing

still your parts look good but transistor amplifiers cannot be made like that

Looks like another tube guy trying to play in solid state areas ...

Sorry for that is just a personal opinion ...

@ Richard

Agree with Andrew with this one .... I know it might not sound right but i could call this project a waste of money

Regardless the schematic might be wonderful the implementation is horrible .

There is more : transistors used are of different make and something is telling me that the white labeled ones are really monkeys ( fakes )

Expect crosstalk and channel separation to hit the sky at least

The output capacitor is too small 0.22R cannot operate there the value is to low ... it doesn't do the job is supposed to be doing

still your parts look good but transistor amplifiers cannot be made like that

Looks like another tube guy trying to play in solid state areas ...

Sorry for that is just a personal opinion ...

that is why i was asking Richard how the noise performance was...can not tell that from looking at pictures...you can only speculate, let us hear from Richard....

i would rather listen to him than some guy with all talk and nothing to show for in terms of finished amps...

this is a diy forum in case you didn't know, not classroom wherein a teacher tells his class what to do...