Post your Solid State pics here

ultra low budget class a amplifier

Made from bits 'n pieces lying around. Ultra simple class A amplifier with BC546/BD139/TIP3055 and capacitance multiplier in powersupply.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 1,456
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 1,416
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 1,369
Dear Rainwulf,

I got very excited :happy1:when I saw your power supply. And wondered whether the additional enhancements had sated your desire. I had attempted to introduce some alternative power supply design ideas here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/216409-power-supply-resevoir-size-169.html#post3309702 . Thank you for sharing. Wonder in which thread we may explore these issues.:D

kind regards,

Harrison.

Well its a classic Low Pass PI Filter. CLC. There is a slight resistance in the inductors as well so its also a bit of a CRC filter as well.

I have removed the MKT caps across the caps though after reading this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/106648-paralleling-film-caps-electrolytic-caps-8.html

Bypassing the electros so far away from the actual amp modules is a waste of time, and can actually cause oscillation. Since there is a fairly powerful class D amp inside so i dont want any unwanted high frequency oscillations.

As for the performance, wow. Dead quiet. Spooky. With both the class D and the chipamps, when i shorted their inputs to earth there was zero noise in the speakers. Even with my ear touching the tweeter in my coaxial speakers, i could hear nothing. Had to actually make sure the amp was still on!

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum, so I think this thread is good place to start; just show what i got so far.

This is an integrated amp (as you can see ;)). battery-operated pre amp - thanks mr.Gilbert and lm3886 as a power amp. Power supply in a separate box connected via 15-pin connectors and 1.5mm sq silver-coated copper wire. Also I accomodated usb dac to reduce signal path. As a volume control i'm using PVC and so far I never regret it. PVC and source selector are control by processor, which feeds up 2x20 VFD display. All of this can be controlled via rotary encoders (my choice), micro switches or remote control. All power cables are running inside copper pipes (I thought it will be neater) and all signal cables run as short patch as possible. I used 5GHz aerial extention as a signal cable and never had to ashamed of choice I made.

If you have any questions please send me a priv, so this thread will stay without off-topic

Attachments

• kablak.jpg
    kablak.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 1,419
  • kablak psu.jpg
    kablak psu.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 1,292