Post your Solid State pics here

"Yes, It is a two-component adhesive, absorb vibration and keep the transformer fixed to the shell "

Quangho: Using adhesive to contain transformer vibration is an intriguing idea! Does it work as well as you hoped? What exactly is the adhesive?
Regarding damping absorption of vibrations, it may be a better solution to use that kind of silicone (attached pic).

Attachments

• botes-silicona-articulo.jpg
    botes-silicona-articulo.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,377
Well it's taken about a year but I have finally "finished" my Leach Amp twins. I had the pleasure of taking Dr Leach's class about a decade ago and always had ambitions of building speakers and an amplifier to power them. Done and done.

The details:

• Leach Amp v 4.5 boards powered by 500VA 40V+40V toroids.
  • ESP's Project 38 turns the amps on when a signal is detected.
  • In standby a "breathing ring" glows through the front driven by 555 timer.
  • Cases are custom with aluminum tops/bottoms and cherry veneer wrapped. Fortunately I had access to a waterjet to do all those vent holes.
For now I have one hooked up to the aforementioned speakers (RJB's Microbes) and the other will likely be hooked up to vintage 70 set that are currently being driven by a Pioneer SX-6000.

To do items are:

• Improving the grounding--the heatsinks make contact with the lid which is grounded to the bottom, but I want separate wires for each for redundancy/safety.
  • Add proper fork terminals to the wires on the various terminal boards.
  • Tie down the various wires
But for now I'm enjoying the fruits of my first amp project.

Attachments

• twins.jpg
    twins.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,189
  • Open.jpg
    Open.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,215
  • Board.jpg
    Board.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,195
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,131
IMAG0662_zps2243cda5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
A 6 channel preamp put together in an old BK Electronics MXF200 chassis. Uses one of those remote control ebay preamp modules using NE5532 opamps.
Has 3 channels of power amplification too (rear left and right plus centre channels) using one of the original 105w MXF200 modules plus 2 DIY ebay mosfet power amp pcbs to power rears. Sub and main front left and right got XLR connectors on the rear panel to goto crossover and main power amps.

Last edited:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Top off a Sony CDP-911E cd player I just got off ebay for £60.

Not much to look at but I see the chance to upgrade caps for new fresh ones and possibly try some different op amps on it after fitting DIP sockets.

Perfect front panel and very nice sounding. Great that it has all those direct access buttons and super fast search for those long tracks that are recorded live etc.

Inside one of the power amps this picture shows it before I sanded and sprayed the front panel gold.

Uses super stable Hitachi 2SK / 2SJ mosfets. 300w per channel into 8 ohms without breaking a sweat. Plenty of power with x2 500va toroids and 100volt 80000uf caps. lovely.

This is a DNA600 but its actually made by BK electronics. Recognise those power amp PCBs?

Attachments

• ss pic 1568af01.jpg
    ss pic 1568af01.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 341