Post your Solid State pics here

A montage I made 20 years ago based on MOSFET technology. Rack 1U.

Attachments

• img1278mosfet.jpg
    img1278mosfet.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,336
  • img1279mosfet.jpg
    img1279mosfet.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,320
  • img1280mosfet.jpg
    img1280mosfet.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 1,250
  • img1281mosfet.jpg
    img1281mosfet.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,197
Last edited:
I'm a real stickler for details, and finding just the right sized knobs was one of the more difficult tasks. They were either to big, or too small, and IMO knobs have to be proportioned just right or they'll look funny on the finished product. I did find some very sleek, modern looking knobs, but alas none fit the size of my panel well. I did end up buying a set of silver knobs too that were the same size and design, but I thought the black on silver looked kind cool so I went with them instead. I guess it does look kinda of 60.ish, but still with clean lines.

I'm a real stickler for details, and finding just the right sized knobs was one of the more difficult tasks. They were either to big, or too small, and IMO knobs have to be proportioned just right or they'll look funny on the finished product. I did find some very sleek, modern looking knobs, but alas none fit the size of my panel well. I did end up buying a set of silver knobs too that were the same size and design, but I thought the black on silver looked kind cool so I went with them instead. I guess it does look kinda of 60.ish, but still with clean lines.

Very nice! I would use a bigger knob just for the volume to give a different look from the rest that is the only thing I would do to it.;)

Very nice! I would use a bigger knob just for the volume to give a different look from the rest that is the only thing I would do to it.;)
Hey lanchile - I've posted an updated pic of my 2012 preamp. I was able to find a bigger knob in the same series for the volume control. I like the larger knob and prefer this look.

Rick

Attachments

• P1080630.jpg
    P1080630.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 1,110
It's nice, but I think the buttons light color will be better!

Regards zeoN_Rider
I did buy a set of the same knobs in silver. Most equipment does keep the knobs the same color as the FP. However, I do have a couple of pieces that use black knobs too. I think the black just provides a little more contrast and interest to the look of the FP overall. The knobs are set apart from their background color adding a different, yet acceptable look.

I did buy a set of the same knobs in silver. Most equipment does keep the knobs the same color as the FP. However, I do have a couple of pieces that use black knobs too. I think the black just provides a little more contrast and interest to the look of the FP overall. The knobs are set apart from their background color adding a different, yet acceptable look.

Try silver, surprised how much nicer!

Regards zeoN_Rider

Here's my latest effort. It's a Rod Elliott P88 preamp with one of Veteran's switching units. Chassis is a chunk of 3/4 inch aluminum channel that used to be attached to my grandpa's drill press. The bolts holding the front plate on are a bit wonky as I wasn't thinking too hard when I laid it out. Sides are 3/4 inch and top is 1/2 inch and I laid it out with the corners still square and a couple of beers later they ended up too close to the edge. Blotchy look is due to a backyard attempt at anodizing with pool chemical and a battery charger. If you do attempt to try home anodizing make sure that everything is filtered and you practice on something you don't care about. Although there are many finishing mistakes I do intend to rectify them with a ton more sanding so they will match the finish of my shigaclone which I have built into another piece of the same aluminum channel. The electronics are dead quiet and I have to give props to Rod Elliot and Veteran for top notch products that an amateur can assemble and have great results.

Attachments

• 100_4026.JPG
    100_4026.JPG
    786.2 KB · Views: 831
  • 100_4025.JPG
    100_4025.JPG
    736.1 KB · Views: 335
  • 100_4024.JPG
    100_4024.JPG
    752.6 KB · Views: 346
  • 100_4023.JPG
    100_4023.JPG
    733.7 KB · Views: 572
  • 100_4022.JPG
    100_4022.JPG
    769.9 KB · Views: 590
  • 100_4021.JPG
    100_4021.JPG
    732.3 KB · Views: 399
Hey lanchile - I've posted an updated pic of my 2012 preamp. I was able to find a bigger knob in the same series for the volume control. I like the larger knob and prefer this look.

Rick

Congratulations it looks really nice now! and as always you will hear more recommendations and thoughts...But you can not please everyone:eek: as long as you like it, that what it counts;) . as I said before, it looks really nice and they give the contrast to the chassis!