Post your Solid State pics here

They have a kind of sound we fast perceive...sadly yours is sounding like transistors...at least to me sounds this way.

Sound is good...no doubts about that...congratulations.

Yes...restrict...too much....well, i have received 1100 USD because of my rights in some musics .... i do like restrictions when they result some bucks entering my pocket, bank account or wallet.

I have posted 2 private videos in tha last post mine....take a look in sonic differences...these videos are not your sonic difference, they are only an example of sonic difference.

regards,

Carlos

I am afcourse agree that you get your mony for your work, but I have some doubs about people who get mony through the already past out artist wh himself have no need for mony anymore.

That the amp sound like transistors is for a part the fault of the pc and youtube who change the source.

Is there a part here where people can let hear music, if not I can start one.

I have hust change the crossovers, the bas was booming after the change, the capacitors who are paralelled where audio elco,s as visaton says, but I think that it are just elcos, so I have put back the old ones who has polypropileen.

I have ordered a lot of paper in oil capacitors from russia, this week I get them, together with 0.1 uf paper in oil for the amp itselfs, the two 6N13C go now in work for the mosfets, I go try to drive them with tube balls, I think that then the sound will a lot more tube like.

thanks for reply.

Last edited:
Build a Dx amplifier folks, our models can shake your life

They will shake furnitures, your body and your soul and will make you dance..pictures published..this is on topic.

The off topic part..the final one:

- Here we are not allowed to agree and disagree....this is law...my father made musics... and he died...now his 4 sons, included me, uncle charlie, receive copyright from his musics... we earn 11 hundred USD in a year (divided by 4 sons)..only this small money because one single music became famous and played constantly...it is a heritage.... dad died but sons are still alive and they have the need for money.

When someone plays the music in a Broadcasting station..then some small money is collected alike taxes..when someone sing a song in a party, a club or a ball... then money is collected...when someone make recordings with that music, vinyl or CD or even digital media..then some money is collected.

I do not like too...but it is not to me to like or not to like...it is a law and we all, brazilians, have to obbey.

No one works for free...this is the way the world goes..the way the human machine is oiled to run... in the old times we had watches that worked for free..now a days or you put battery on them or they will stop to work for you... the only 2 things i know people work for free is in foruns and in churches....and not for free, not exactly..in forum we earn, as profit, friendship and respectability..in the church we think we are going to heaven to do jobs for free..ahahahahah!:)

End of off topic in this thread for the next 3 monthes or mods will bite me.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    750.5 KB · Views: 2,061
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    761.6 KB · Views: 1,739
that,s why I did made small music samples in the video and put text in it why I did that, You have not much but michael jackson gets mijons of dollars each year what go to familiy who isd already very rich. laurel and hardy also stil get miljons each year and she are dead for years.

as long if someone break songs in parts than in my opinion she don,t have to complaine there is even commercials vissible in my video here in holland, I put the video on a other place and see if you then see it.

some pictures folks.... a DIY pcboard, etched at home

A Dx Blame ST amplifier that was object of a Brazilian group buy and a nice amplifier built by Junie (Precision 1).

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DIY board etching.jpg
    DIY board etching.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 1,588
  • Dx Blame ST - Brazilian group buy.jpg
    Dx Blame ST - Brazilian group buy.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 1,580
  • Junnie Precision 1.jpg
    Junnie Precision 1.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 1,614
all right then ....

its been bugging me for some time to play with a couple of things ... one to try a P3A modified for higher input impedance... aim was something like 100K but finally i started with 47K

Target was to make he amp more friendly to a preamplifier which i am very happy with the DOZ i am listening the past one year but if dynamics are better with the 47K at low levels i might as well go back to a passive thingy .

Then since the specific amp will work for my bench the load is Z=8 R and that will be a fact that will not change and also the actual required power will be less than 20W for every day casual listening i though about boosting the rails to 50+50 volts to gain room for dynamic peaks ...

first listening impressions are more or less spectacular sound is more analytic bass is very tight ( middle got a bit better than previous setups ) high is plenty and crisp while everything is crystal clear ....

with bias of 70 ma for starts all seem to be fine i might as well stay there but next week i am going to see what happens with higher ...

Other than that all the rest is pretty much standard ...here is a description of the setup

----2*35 volt trafo rated at 1kva
---120.000 mfd of total capacitance
---220mfd +2.2 mks decoupling on board
---MJE 150xx Vas with 100pf miller
---my favorite drivers Bd 829-830
--- Drivers on a common heat sink with the VBE attached to it
---closely matched LTP with thermal junction

---and of course legendary original 2SA1302 2SC 3281 pair for the output

enjoy some foto and i am willing to post also measured scope readings after playing with bias and miller caps

kind regards and a very happy new P3A to everyone..... oooops i mend new year !!!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 470
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 401
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 461
2012 Happy New Year!

This is my new work. CFP output stage power amplifier module.
Photo of the AMP32 output stage is Toshiba 2SC5200/2SA1943
The driver stage is Toshiba 2SC5171/A1930
VAS chip is LME49830

more details ? More pics ?

Power output ? psu requirements ?

Progress on the hifi cabinet. The face frame is on, I made the door, and the first coat of finish has been applied. I have to trim the door some more for the hinges. The wood is birch and pine. The rack mount below is for solid state amps and a crossover.

Attachments

• Photo020.jpg
    Photo020.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 1,554
  • Photo021.jpg
    Photo021.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 1,520
Do not forget you should prepare holes for cooling

Openings for air flow in the back of the cabinet is not enough, unless you will have a very small power devices inside or they can cool themselves using fan blowers internally to their metallic enclosures.

hot air goes up as you know, and this sucks fresh air from below the equipment... to allow low resistance to convection cooling, you should have openings up and down the enclosure...or at least, holes below.

That small clearance we have below our equipment case is not enough...unless your unitary consumption is lower than 20 watts

regards

Carlos

Attachments

• Cooling.jpg
    Cooling.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 1,456
Last edited:
Openings for air flow in the back of the cabinet is not enough, unless you will have a very small power devices inside or they can cool themselves using fan blowers internally to their metallic enclosures.

hot air goes up as you know, and this sucks fresh air from below the equipment... to allow low resistance to convection cooling, you should have openings up and down the enclosure...or at least, holes below.

That small clearance we have below our equipment case is not enough...unless your unitary consumption is lower than 20 watts

regards

Carlos

Thanks for your concern. I doubt it's going to be a problem. I just have low power amps in there. They barely get warm.