Post your Solid State pics here

I don't like it.
What is the purpose of posting a 1280px by 768px, 274.92 kB (281,521 bytes) fuzzy pic?

You can just ask me to resize it!

I use a plasma television as a monitor, and sometimes I forget that others may have a smaller DPI setting or a lower resolution than I.

Better?

And fuzzy because it is a cellphone pic. I do not have a digital camera to take nice pictures with.

Last edited:
I seems you are withing the forum limits

See the attached image and you will see you are not exceeding.

My computer resize automatically to put image inside the screen.... i do think others can do also.

Do not worry with that...when not allowed, then moderators will inform.... as no moderator have complained you can ignore criticisms..... oh!... i forgot, i do love big images.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Within forum limits.jpg
    Within forum limits.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,456

My computer resize automatically to put image inside the screen.... i do think others can do also.

Do not worry with that...when not allowed, then moderators will inform.... as no moderator have complained you can ignore criticisms..... oh!... i forgot, i do love big images.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos, I will post (fuzzy!) pictures of any progress I make with the Precision.

Thanks.

You can just ask me to resize it!

And fuzzy because it is a cellphone pic.

it does not matter what is allowed and whether there are complaints. What matters is that the fuzzy pic did not deserve a quarter of a Megabyte nor 983040 pixels. The Poster/Member should respect the other Members and do whatever resizing and/or compressing that suit each pic before downloading the pic. There is no excuse for being lazy and saying my 3Megapixel screen can show all that FUZZ and you will just have to wait while you are forced to automatically download all my lazy contributions.
It's about respect, not rules.

DX, you are of a generation that knows better than make those comments.
I have no idea of the upbringing of our electronics technician, but his education would indicate he also knows better, pity his last post implies he does not care about anyone else.

Last edited:
it does not matter what is allowed and whether there are complaints. What matters is that the fuzzy pic did not deserve a quarter of a Megabyte nor 983040 pixels. The Poster/Member should respect the other Members and do whatever resizing and/or compressing that suit each pic before downloading the pic. There is no excuse for being lazy and saying my 3Megapixel screen can show all that FUZZ and you will just have to wait while you are forced to automatically download all my lazy contributions.

Respect?

I would think about doing just this, only because of you, If I felt it was worth it. But now I don't really care about your internet connection. How about you put me in your ignore then you won't have to look at my lazy contributions.

Have I offended others with my lazy contributions?

I'm not going to go out and buy a nice camera that I couldn't afford in a month just for AndrewT.

Last edited:
as automatic download links from a remote server, or as an optional download for those that want to use the detail you are so kindly contributing?

If you are using a slow and potentially unreliable remote server then your links are not worth posting, they will eventually get lost to all Members unless you keep an accurate and up to date audit of where everything you have posted is located and which are still "live" and which links now need to be changed to point to a different location.
How do you edit a two year old link to show the new location?

DX, you are of a generation that knows better than make those comments.
I have no idea of the upbringing of our electronics technician, but his education would indicate he also knows better, pity his last post implies he does not care about anyone else.

It would be better to offer solutions , rather than JUST criticize. Perhaps a "photo posting tips" sticky thread. :)
Odyssey is rather new (to posting photo's) , posting circuit photo's in a clear compact format can be a PITA. The blue LED most likely "fooled" the camera's auto exposure , lack of room lighting made for a less than optimal shot.

Just to get the "pic's" across , white backround and medium lighting (with no glaring blue LED) will give you this :(BELOW 1).It is 270K and larger than Odyssey's post (1277 x 958). Auto exposure will react to reflective surfaces (LED's , wire , some PCB material), giving unreliable results.

TURN THE FLASH OFF - if you must photograph something with a lot of reflective surfaces. As you can see from #1 - I did not do this :eek:

Just obtain a good graphics program , paint shop pro 7 is freeware (nag screens) -Paint Shop Pro 7.0 - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads , reduce your 5 - megapixel jpg. to 35% size (or lower).
If the photo is black and white or technical content / screenshot , save as a GIF. A .gif will output 20-50K file sizes for large , low detail content.

Example 2 - is just to cut and paste the relevant parts of the shot to be posted. We don't need to see the room :D (below 2) is clear , 639 X 587 and only 100k ! I'm no photography expert , but had to at least Google "still digital photography" and read my Polaroid manual to get anything usable for Ebay.

Post to the forum server , links in old threads to various hosts are gone - looks awful. :( The "CLOUD" sucks (0 privacy - questionable reliability) - be your own cloud , I can DL any of my "stuff" from anywhere in the world , the same for 7 years. :p
OS

Attachments

• testjpeg.jpg
    testjpeg.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 1,448
  • smalljpg_test.jpg
    smalljpg_test.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,382
It would be better to offer solutions , rather than JUST criticize. Perhaps a "photo posting tips" sticky thread. :)
Odyssey is rather new (to posting photo's) , posting circuit photo's in a clear compact format can be a PITA. The blue LED most likely "fooled" the camera's auto exposure , lack of room lighting made for a less than optimal shot.

Just to get the "pic's" across , white backround and medium lighting (with no glaring blue LED) will give you this :(BELOW 1).It is 270K and larger than Odyssey's post (1277 x 958). Auto exposure will react to reflective surfaces (LED's , wire , some PCB material), giving unreliable results.

TURN THE FLASH OFF - if you must photograph something with a lot of reflective surfaces. As you can see from #1 - I did not do this :eek:

Just obtain a good graphics program , paint shop pro 7 is freeware (nag screens) -Paint Shop Pro 7.0 - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads , reduce your 5 - megapixel jpg. to 35% size (or lower).
If the photo is black and white or technical content / screenshot , save as a GIF. A .gif will output 20-50K file sizes for large , low detail content.

Example 2 - is just to cut and paste the relevant parts of the shot to be posted. We don't need to see the room :D (below 2) is clear , 639 X 587 and only 100k ! I'm no photography expert , but had to at least Google "still digital photography" and read my Polaroid manual to get anything usable for Ebay.

Post to the forum server , links in old threads to various hosts are gone - looks awful. :( The "CLOUD" sucks (0 privacy - questionable reliability) - be your own cloud , I can DL any of my "stuff" from anywhere in the world , the same for 7 years. :p
OS

Thank you. I will try harder on my next photos.

pity his last post implies he does not care about anyone else.

You are wrong. I said "...your connection." Nobody else had mentioned anything to me, except for you. I was unaware of this problem. So, the only person to kindly inform me, happened to be you. Unfortunately, this resulted in a lot of uneeded posts and a general waste of time.

I think it is ridiculous that you seem to be quick to judge and act as if you know somebody's intentions and character. You may have a good life, although your posts imply that you do not, at least with respect to interpersonal relationships. I have only read a few posts from you that were anything positive. All others were either neutral or negative, with the majority being neutral (in my opinion.)

Ahh, did you catch that? Yeah, it is true I know not much about you. You may have plenty of good friends and a loving wife, etc. But, It is how I judged your character. This is not a good way to learn from each other. Although, you won't learn anything from me. I only provide lazy contributions.

And, with you acting like this, I won't learn anything from you.

Click on the exclamation sign and report moderators and they

will come to see what is going on.... better not to discuss because this is what they drive you to do ... they do that usually... to unstabilize threads i believe, bothering people and messing with posts...unhappy people maybe.

You also can put in ignore...the best way as moderators use to respect people's right to be unkind.

Build an amplifier and forget this .... continue to be positive and let it be

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• put your soul to vibrate.jpg
    put your soul to vibrate.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 1,620
Last edited:
My Final Integrated Amplifier

After lurking silently in DIYAudio for some time, and building audio gear for 35 years, I am pleased to present what it likely my final audio project, an integrated amplifier. I won't post too much here; there are lots of details and downloads on my website My Final Audio Amplifier. I will try to monitor this thread to answer any questions.

Since the power amp is usually of greatest interest, I attach the schematic here. It uses Exicon lateral MOSFETS, and a derivative of transitional Miller compensation. Drives 2 ohms all day long without overheating, NO stability issues or other bizarre behavior, and I'm certainly pleased with the sonics. Maybe the most interesting thing is that I used a homebrew vector network analyzer (VNA) to characterize components and do the compensation. I plan on writing a little article about VNA applications in audio work soon. It's a very powerful tool.

Thanks to all the gurus who hang out at this site, and all the wonderful hackers who make us think and hope we can build something better next time.

-Gary Johnson, WB9JPS

Attachments

• WB9JPS Power Amp Board.pdf
    31 KB · Views: 326
  • Overview.JPG
    Overview.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,341
  • Top.JPG
    Top.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 1,426
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,367
Cool ...

WOW ! Fine build, man. I see it is a simple LIN amp driving MOSFETS with MJE340/350's. How does it sound ? I was thinking of a FET version in this topology. Unique lead compensation in the feedback circuit, too .... explain ???

Beautiful craftsmanship , I am shamed to buy my used amps on fleabay (not enough tools).... :D

OS

WOW ! Fine build, man. I see it is a simple LIN amp driving MOSFETS with MJE340/350's. How does it sound ? I was thinking of a FET version in this topology. Unique lead compensation in the feedback circuit, too .... explain ???

I'm more than satisfied with the sound, though my aging ears are now troubled with tinnitus. That's why I "downgraded" from my fancy Rowland gear. But I can say that it has great low-end control over my Thiel CS3.6s (2 ohms!), not a trace of harshness, and a pleasing soundstage.

Look up transitional miller compensation here on DIY; it's also well-explained in Bob Cordell's book. The idea is to derive feedback from the final output for as wide a bandwidth as possible, thus reducing HF distortion (I got a factor of 5 improvement at 20 kHz). In my design, R9 and C4 set a "crossover" at 617 kHz, above which feedback comes from the VAS output. That avoids the extra phase shift in the output stage. It does take a bit of fiddling, and there will always be tradeoffs, but I'm very happy with the results.

-Gary