Post your Solid State pics here

Pehlse from Brazil assembled the Dx Blame ST

These green boards where offered, several monthes ago, inside a brazilian forum..they are no more available.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSC04367DX.jpg
    DSC04367DX.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 1,786
Oh!... that one is funny...but the trouble is that there are

some guys that deeply dislike it..... as soon as i have sent to my adress book... all adresses i have here, an automatically adressed message, someone from US came to ask me to remove his name from the list.

You see how is culture...tradition.... some guys does not like such kind of different things.. some of them does not perceive as art work.... they think we are crazy....well....maybe i am to worry about some exotic guys.

One asked his removal from my mailing list.... after this video...i do think he could not understand the international language..ahahahahahaah!

My people does not read in english.... they cannot understand when we talk too... sadly my people (our as you have double nationality), now a days, are not studying english anymore...fashion today is spanish because or surrounding spanish language countries... so, i have to make videos in two languages..or Brazilians will complain...this way... all languages can understand because it is deeply obvious...i do think even a deeply retarded guy can understand:

YouTube - Dx Multi language - thermal issues - MKII power

Thank you Duda.

regards,

Carlos

Not upto the level of the more pro looking jobs shown here, but this is my newborn mono subwoofer amp using four 2SC5200s in Q-complimentary on two AMD heatsinks with minimal and fixed airflow; although it looked like the fan is unnecessary even under heavy loading - thanks to 504 radiating fins.

Attachments

• DSC05742.JPG
    DSC05742.JPG
    520.5 KB · Views: 1,319
  • DSC05751.JPG
    DSC05751.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 1,148
  • DSC05744.JPG
    DSC05744.JPG
    426.3 KB · Views: 980
  • DSC05733.JPG
    DSC05733.JPG
    396.9 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC05732.JPG
    DSC05732.JPG
    359.8 KB · Views: 337
Hi DIYers,
This is a wonderful thread, I see people devoting themselves in doing something inspiring and beautiful that give them, and not only them, a lot of satisfaction!!
You guys are fantastic and your amps designed and built up are truly of state-of-art level!!
I would also like to contribute my little effort to this thread, hopefully many others DIYers will join in sharing their masterpieces and experiences.

Here attached is one of my latest built amp. It's built based on wimdehaan pencil tube hybrid amp. One of the photos shows the direct heated 5676 triode pencil tube. Since I could not get BUZ in my area I simply substituted them with IRF540/IRF9540 with a slightly modification on the original schematic. As the Vgs is higher with IRF hexfets, i increased the bias network resistor to give a +/-4V around the gates.
The size of this amp is roughly an A4 size, which fit perfectly in my small listening room. Don't bother with the protective film, i've already peeled it off.
Here you can notice the CD-rom player which is coupled with this amp.

Right now I'm working on a SE mosfet amp, the highly recommended power follower circuit (thanks Andrea) placed after a tube mu-stage, to give enough gain. Hope to finish it within a couple of months.

Attachments

• DSCN5049_.jpg
    DSCN5049_.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 2,049
  • DSCN5047_.jpg
    DSCN5047_.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 2,109
  • DSCN5052_.jpg
    DSCN5052_.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 2,159
I finished my Le pacific style RIAA simple preamp. The original version was p2p with 2sj74 transistors. Final version with 2sk170. enclosure from ebay, cheap and good (including 4xRCA; rubber feet, mains socket / fuse holder)
Design similar to my F5. It have DIN socket, because my LP player have a DIN plug, I do not want to rebuilt it to RCA. Parts: RIFA caps and matched FETs + 1% MF resistors.

DSC07354.jpg

DSC07410.jpg

DSC07412.jpg

DSC07415.jpg

Lateral FET amp for midrange and highs... I call it Magic.

Veroboard-art. hehe...

Test sample. But, but this test sample will be put to my final system. Not gonna discard, precious. Have designed a single layer PCB too... Hope to have it etched SOON. :)

Attachments

• DSC05492.JPG
    DSC05492.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC05535.JPG
    DSC05535.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC05536.JPG
    DSC05536.JPG
    335.4 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC05537.JPG
    DSC05537.JPG
    377.1 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC05541.JPG
    DSC05541.JPG
    327.6 KB · Views: 375
Summertime MPF

great job Shaan! beautiful layout!

What amp is that precisely? Just wonder why don't you drive the mid and high with your prompt MPF amp? It should sound more delicious IMHO, or maybe you prefer to try different taste :)

Thanks for your kind words.

The amp is a mix of Self-Blameless and ESP-P101. Plus some of my humble contributions like the optional 2.2ohm Zout, lower overall gain and increased LTP current.

I LOVE the MPF. Irreplaceable. Yes it sounds SWEET. SE thing you know. I listen to MPF from October to February. Coz 200watts of heat helps a lot in winter as well as the warm sound it presents. Absolutely no need for a blanket at a night of 5degrees. :eek: :D

I want it in the summer too. But the heat hurts. Has been searching for something that can deliver me that same sound without so much heat... I have found something close, this amp. But not exact same, and absolutely not with the default Zout which I think is less than 0.0000001ohm or so(not really)... LOL It produces really solid bass. Distortion-wise it wins over MPF and doesn't disturb when playing loud. But I will forgive MPF, blessed with innocence.

This amplifier will draw 250+250mA and with the high output impedance it almost mocks the MPF. Almost... This is my Summers MPF. YES it too is a POWER MOSFET amp and also runs in source follower mode, like the MPF.

Seems like I am enjoying old taste in new foods!

Last edited: