Post your Solid State pics here

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Inductance is 1μH, please do the listening tests.

:) But does it saturate at high outputs ?

I'm sure the listening tests are OK... but does the ferrite cause visible distortion on test ? I am talking about obvious visible distortion when running into an 8 ohm resistive load at say 10 khz... looks like a cross between severe slew limiting and cross over distortion as the output increase and the ferrite saturates .

I am not trying to find fault or criticise... this was a very real observed effect when I tried this using slip on ferrite beads of the sort used in SMPS etc a few years ago.

He is DIYing, why does he need to know ALL the normatives and certifications? He is not going to sell it to third persons.
I think that it suffices with knowing only basic security matters, like "all exposed conductive surfaces must be tied to safety earth" and all of that. If he is happy with a red hot chilly pepper, let it be.
Apart from that, 80Cº is not a so strange temp for a semiconductor. Computer processors, power mosfets, regulators....they are produced to withstand higher constant temps.

Now giving my oppinion, I wouldn't have a so hot case. I will attach it some kind of heatsink. But it is just my approach which happens to be the same as you, Sendy.

Just my oppinion, don't take that as an agressive post. It's just that my english is not perfect and I don't know how to accurately express certain thoughts.

Regards,
Regi

if the chassis ends are ~80degC then the device may well have Tc>100degC.

The 150degC device would then need to be de-rated to about 40% of it's 25degC dissipation. if Tc is 110degC then de-rate to 32%.

This on top of the hospital visit for the youngster that rested their inquisitive hand on that chassis.

regiregi22, I see no safety earth, only two live wires to the power sockets :?:
Good sight, didn't noticed it...
In fact, he has ONLY ONE live wire connected. On the IEC, the top is earth, which isn't connected. And if you look closer, on the other pin there is no cable neither. Only one wire, live or ground. Depending of the european country, you will have live or neutral depending in what orientation you plug the other end in the wall socket.
In Spain you can plug it in both positions.

Fedderman, you have a very dangerous amplifier out there. Look after it...:eek:

an214 with booster

Hi a want to share home made booster with an214 ic amp

Attachments

• an214+booster.JPG
    an214+booster.JPG
    735.7 KB · Views: 1,913
Ni regiregi,
these amps are my own designs, labled RAS240 and RAS ELD. It is a tri-amped loudspeaker and DIY DAC is my own DAC which doubles as the control center, i.e. Remote input selector, master level control and cross-over filters for the varous speakers. Three digital (SPDF/toslink) inputs and one analogue.

Cheers,

Nico

Last edited: