Post your Solid State pics here

Operator16,

Beautiful amp.

Joking here but why is the red rca on the left channel? I learned that the hard way too.

But gorgeous amp very well executed.

All,

How much you want to bet he will take it apart to change it? He has entirely too much attention to detail to be able to live with it like that. I respect a person who does more to do it right...

Last edited:
Operator16,

Beautiful amp.

Joking here but why is the red rca on the left channel? I learned that the hard way too.

All,

How much you want to bet he will take it apart to change it? He has entirely too much attention to detail to be able to live with it like that. I respect a person who does more to do it right...

How about my home-made 200 watt jukebox?

Attachments

• jukebox_done1.jpg
    jukebox_done1.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,215
  • Juke side.jpg
    Juke side.jpg
    916.7 KB · Views: 1,176
Operator16,

Beautiful amp.

All,

Thank!
RCA certainly needs to fix this little mistake.

New modification A + A / B
RMS: 300 W 8 Ohm
600 W 4 Ohm
1200 W 2 Ohm
Gain coefficient: 30 dB
Dynamic range: >100 dB
Damping DC coefficient: 5000 @ 8 Ohm
Peak output current: 96 A
Nonlinear distortion coefficient: <0.01 % within the 20 Hz-20 kHz range
Frequency response: 10 Hz-200 kHz +0,-3 dB

Very nice work!
Great to see Speakon's too :)

I was a bit skeptical about SMPS's too in the past. But I have had very good experience with them until now. I'm running my Qwatt amplifiers with SPMS500 (Connex) and my latest build with PeeCeeBee amps I'm using SMPS600 (also Connex). Very pleased with the performance, lack of weight, cost savings and lack of 50Hz interference for large transformers.

I'm curious, what kind of SMPS are you using?

All copper traces, for high currents, are well tin-plated and connected by 16A wires.
(rails, ground, power transistor collector / emitter and OUT).
The amplifiers have been working in my gym for nearly two months.
Usually only at 10-20% power :)
It's a home gym, not an ibiza disco :D

The figure shows the power supply wires used (brown, blue).
Black and green-yellow was temporary ;)

PUyGONZ.jpg