Post your Solid State pics here

Randy Slone's LMOSFET Amplifier (Rev. 4 Optimos)

1J6A1462-medium.jpg 1J6A1464-medium.jpg

caldas

Connections are very important spots, so make sure they are 100% good, in most places You can solder the wires instead using the screw connections.

In some free time I have made a smallish input board. Just one transistor + one bulb setup. Needs a bit more work but works good. I do not need a lot of 0,00000x% to listen to the music anyway :D

Attachments

• scope_38.png
    scope_38.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 174
  • scope_36.png
    scope_36.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,040
  • scope_34.png
    scope_34.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,101
  • IMG_20180515_072010.jpg
    IMG_20180515_072010.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 1,109
  • IMG_20180515_065312.jpg
    IMG_20180515_065312.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 1,112
  • 1k.png
    1k.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 385
caldas

Connections are very important spots, so make sure they are 100% good, in most places You can solder the wires instead using the screw connections.

In some free time I have made a smallish input board. Just one transistor + one bulb setup. Needs a bit more work but works good. I do not need a lot of 0,00000x% to listen to the music anyway :D

What's the output stage ?

caldas

Peter, you're the one who understands the beauty of a tube at the input :cheers:

Valery

Every day brings something new. Recently I found out that ''worse'' can be better than ''good stuff''. I would buy some nuvistors instead but there no nice dimm light coming out of it :D
Have you got in mind any miniature tube which will work OK in quite smallish anode voltages ??
I only have 6N16B and some 6N28B in stock.

thimios
I couldn't sleep two days ago and had too much time for thinking so yes it is a new idea. I am just playing with some resistors values to get the best results. The thing is that with some ECC88 tubes it sounds quite bad but some other ones are playing really nice. Today I have made a small converter board for 6N16B tube.

Regards

Attachments

• mini tube..jpg
    mini tube..jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,371
Valery

Every day brings something new. Recently I found out that ''worse'' can be better than ''good stuff''. I would buy some nuvistors instead but there no nice dimm light coming out of it :D
Have you got in mind any miniature tube which will work OK in quite smallish anode voltages ??
I only have 6N16B and some 6N28B in stock.

thimios
I couldn't sleep two days ago and had too much time for thinking so yes it is a new idea. I am just playing with some resistors values to get the best results. The thing is that with some ECC88 tubes it sounds quite bad but some other ones are playing really nice. Today I have made a small converter board for 6N16B tube.

Regards

I don't have any better idea for a compact tube than 6N16B :(
But this one runs pretty well, right?
What rails voltage are you using?

Valery
6N16B runs really good in this circuit, voltage rail is 42VDC, grid at -0.8V bias approx 1.4mA per single triode.

thimios
Sound --> first impression, does not sound as valve amp anyway. Good dynamics with powerfull bas kick, rather quick bass response with a bit thin body at the lowest Hz end.
Midlle are nice and clean. Top octave goes a bit forward and it looks like it is not so precise as transistor version of the amplifier. Overall i like it.

Regards