778.6 KB · Views: 1,593
  • Black wire, the intruder.jpg
    Black wire, the intruder.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 1,538
  • Enquadramento na geral.jpg
    Enquadramento na geral.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 1,409
amptech

I have wasted some gain using VAS resistors but THD now is higher :D and it is exacly the same threw all audio band from very low output swing to nearly clipping condidtion, so amp is playing allways the same.
I have taken some home made measurements (I still have big meas on the bench). There really is audiable difference, top octave is much smoother (I do not know if it can be measured but It can be heared anyway).

kees52
Thanks a lot. I like the way It sounds but next time prapobly I will go for IRFP or BJT output stage.

Attachments

• load resistors.png
    load resistors.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 889
been waiting more than 10 years to lay my hands in this enclosure ...dream was to house my every day P3A inside while keeping the marvelous VU meters ( together with the marvelous circuit that drives them )

Just got this
will finish it with in hours ...

I've got the same amplifier, don't forget to take a look on the main filter capacitors. They are quite sexy in this copper finish. Another interesting detail is the battery driven preamplifier, something not usually seen on commercial offerings.

been waiting more than 10 years to lay my hands in this enclosure ...dream was to house my every day P3A inside while keeping the marvelous VU meters ( together with the marvelous circuit that drives them )

Just got this
will finish it with in hours ...

I was going to say to just fix it ... but if it's a SE-A1000 (stupid monolithic IC amp)
Blah!!:(

Se-a5 is better ... dual pair toshiba "LIN" "super A" discrete. (like that!!)
Meters are the coolest on both models !!:cool:
OS

amptech

I have wasted some gain using VAS resistors but THD now is higher :D and it is exacly the same threw all audio band from very low output swing to nearly clipping condidtion, so amp is playing allways the same.
I have taken some home made measurements (I still have big meas on the bench). There really is audiable difference, top octave is much smoother (I do not know if it can be measured but It can be heared anyway).

kees52
Thanks a lot. I like the way It sounds but next time prapobly I will go for IRFP or BJT output stage.

Adding resistors to "burn away " some VAS closed loop gain is good. As you say ,
THD stays consistent with freq and amplitude.
SQ improves , too. This trick is used by many a OEM.

OS

none of the Technics "things " will remain inside the box ..Just an empty case not even the trafo will be used since voltage is too high

Only the box and the VU

What a waste . You know the P3A could easily do 70V rails with
big MT-200 Sankens and higher voltage Q1-3 ....
Double the bootstrap R's - good to go.
2X scaled P3A should sound/.perform the same. :)

OS

Plenty of advices to listen ..
@OS
For some reason you think that trussing the guts of the broken Technics is a waste ?? Please explain ...
@OS I wouldn't trust a CFP at 70+70 volts with one or two pairs of the Sanken with out safety measures like Vi limiter or something like that even worst when its bootstrap

With boards ready made from previous project it really works quick
Trafo is around 400W bank is 4X15.000 ...

Attachments

• DSC03254.JPG
    DSC03254.JPG
    418.7 KB · Views: 983
  • DSC03255.JPG
    DSC03255.JPG
    441.2 KB · Views: 895
  • DSC03256.JPG
    DSC03256.JPG
    416.7 KB · Views: 849
  • DSC03257.JPG
    DSC03257.JPG