Post your Solid State pics here

Your photo is OK. It was Furr's 3.9 Megabyte photo I had to fix. No worries.

Sorry bout that.

Here is a smaller size, 173kb.

I am going to change the font to smaller size and things like power and volume/stripes.
BILD0002.JPG

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Today my new power amp the 'Ovation e-Amp' had its second outing. I played some Chris Botti (brass is always a good test!). I have put a few more pictures up on my website (just follow the link below). There is still a bit of work to do, but hopefully this project is finally coming to a close. 12 months of sweat.

A poor pic part of preamp, the board at the bottom is a "hardware solution" to what should be done in software. The remote decoder is under the white plastic cover and I had to buy this in. Fully learning it will accept any "common" r/c commands, my pcb decodes the outputs and translates levels to operate fet switches.

this picture not seems of your single pair of mosfet 2sk1058 and 2sj162.thanks

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
this picture not seems of your single pair of mosfet 2sk1058 and 2sj162.thanks

Each of the metal cans is a complete power amp with its own pair of FET's.

For anyone interested the "cans" are from Sony C9 Betamax recorders and were ideally suited to the job. They were the SMPS enclosure.

The amp boards were sized to be identical to the original SMPS board and the FET's mount using the original hardware for the two 2SC2335L switching transistors. The actual heatsink is fairly small but is bolted directly to the perforated can which is around 2mm thick and very effective at dissipating the heat.

The DC offset protection board and DC input filters were also sized identically to the two other boards on each PSU.

It was an absolutely perfect one off solution for building the amps.

Original pictures here,
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/96192-post-your-solid-state-pics-here-15.html#post1417411

I think the opposite.

The best type of heatsinks would have been high efficiency 12cmx12cm extrusions with 2 fans tightly bolted on the extremities in push pull configuration. Hard to beat that configuration but the heatsinks are quite expensive.

For reference only

High-performance-heatsink.jpg

Obviously the extrusion must be closed on all 4 sides.

I still think the end result looks pretty neat. Imho of course.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9001 con Tapatalk 2