Connecting Virtual Ground Circuits with True Ground circuits??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ,I have been fooling with curcuits that use a virtual ground like in some effects pedal curcuits, They use a single supply and use a Voltage divider to split the voltage and referance the Ground at half supply voltage....

The problem I am haveing is that I have noticed some extra Hum when I plug the curcuit into another curcuit that uses a Proper 0v ground and I suspect that it might be because the Ground in one curcuit has the ground referanced a few Volts positive to the ground in the next circuit and was wondering if this is a common problem and if there is a solution??

Thanx

When you use a vitrual ground you have to take extra care on filtering the lines which lift the opamplifer inputs midway between the rails.

here are other solutions, the TLE2426 from Texas Instruments is a good solution -- it's a couple opamps in one TO-92 package good for about 100 mA. I use it in a microphone amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.