Mythbusters, let's detonate some foolishes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The most interesting thing is the self convince people use.

Many of them did not make modifications in one single channel....they make modifications, cables and all stuff in both channels.... and when go to listen, normally they love!...they make those modifications in both channels, i imagine, afraid to face the true.

My imagination is really obvious...you have your system already connected...you have to disconnect one cable each time to install the "special cable"...why not stop after the first one is installed and listen?...one channel with the new cable, and the other channel with the old cable...self sabotage?... do they want to fool themselves?, to believe that they spent a good money receiving a good product...as another possibility is that made stupid business, this is too much frustrating to be faced i have to agreed.

I invited one friend to do those testings...the guy jumped and runned out... he jumped alike a pop corn inside a hot can not to make this testings....those ones wants to go leaving fooling themselves...real life is hard...and they do not want to face the reality.

Of course the quality increase can happen, may happen and we are waiting for that.

But i could see...many times that people fool themselves.

Things alike the cable beeing pretty...so...audio will be pretty...
cable beeing expensive...so..it may be good

But i could not know....that one that made research..comparisons to conclude they migth sent their money to trash...buying garbage....the looser one is silent.

Have you listened, or read something about that?

People protect themselves and apply all kind of tricks not to know the "awfull true"

Yes...i can believe speaker cables can make difference.... because not running in parallell..because heavy gauge can reduce resistance.... but silver...brigth things do not fool me...i can not believer that pretty things may produce pretty good sound.

The tests i could make showed me absolutelly nothing different...but maybe i have used the wrong monster cable and a bad outlet wiring cable...or maybe i can be a little deaf.

The last paragraph was made only to avoid to shock too much those cable defenders....can you imagine if they realise that they were wrong?...that those things are expensive gadgets?...at least those cables will support a human body for small time if they try to hunger themselves...but for sure they will not die...the connector and cable connection is pretty shine but will not hold that weigth.... at least i hope.

I have lovely friends that loves cables....also they think their wives are wonderfull....well.... i am sorry that i do not agree with them..related wives and related cables.

regards,

Carlos

I have some to sell....they will arrive in your hands with some Oxide from Heaven

And i will make a low cost because i love ya.

30 thousand dollares each one...payment in advance please.

You will listen the grass growing sounds.

About sonic differences...there are differences in amplifiers depending how you tweak...how much you change parts

Also different tophologies sound different too.

But for sure, the better amplifier is the one the guy have constructed..the one that the guy have designed..the one the guy apreciate the constructor...and also this will depend how good is the girl you have around , the money you have to spend and the music beeing played.

regards,

Carlos

I'll admit I've heard differences between speaker wire,capacitors,differences between amplifiers,and all that..

But,am I gonna take out a second mortgage on the house to pay for those fancy new cables? No,that's just foolish.

Sure,one brand of wire/capacitor/whatever may sound better than the other..but $1,5,10K better? Pfft.
That money could be better spent.

Call me deaf if you will....I call it sane.

A quick add on to Carlos's suggestion about the balance control:

On Rod Elliot's web pages, Phil Allison contributed a very simple A-B switch box to allow blind testing between different amplifiers. I am sure there are a million different variations on this (and that more than half of you reading this thread have read this article before), but I thought this was a nice, simple little gizmo that would be appreciated in this thread. Thought I have not personally built one, I am sure it is quite a nice little mythbusting device,

Re: I have read somewhere that you have to make things strong not to vibrate inside t

destroyer X said:

Lineup.
The Electric Trio, Sunday, february eleventh was ME that have uploaded to you...to FTP or something and also to your direct mail.
Was a big truck with music that passed here, in my building's back side....people using girls dresses...the Virgins of Candeias...very funny...i made a slide motion video and i have sent you.

I hope you have enjoyed.....you have a lot of joy in your life.
----
People had fun yesterday Lineup.... this one in the middle...
a Box figther...called Hercules Terminator Apolo...yesterday was called as "Shirley" and sent many kisses to you...ahahahahha!
regards, Carlos

I know it was you, Carlos, uploading files to my PC.
I was only joking a bit :D .... with you, man

By the way, Carlos,
you know any nice software or SWF, flash player,
that can stop the video, PAUSE, and so I can copy that IMAGE???
I like Still Pictures better, than those movies SWF.
I like to get those Original Images, that you have in your Folders ;)

I prefer you ZIP those Images Folders and upload to my PC.
-------------------

You know you CAN
- Right Click any Folder
- Add to Archive or Add to ZIP File
- Upload to Lineup Image Lab

lineup will
- UnZIP file
- Get same Folder in his PC Documents!
- Enjoy some good destroyer Images

... sometimes I think you use an Electron Microscope :cool:
... to make those CLOSE UP images of amp transistors!
Your detail images are very good!

regardas, amigo

Attachments

• 070207-directoryx.png
    070207-directoryx.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 300
I think will be a little bit problematic to satisfy you my dear friend.

I have thousands (really) of images made...and they are very big.... some of them near 3 Megapixels each one...and to upload all this will last my lifetime.

I will try to select a Gigabyte and upload to you..... during this month as i am finishing works related the Dx Amplifier...Simplício, the Ximple amp.

This same software i have uploaded to you can stop images, but i have to select this option during program processing image data.

Also the software automatically reduce image size to 680 by 480, producing smaller images related pixels and data size.

The use of this software was my choice to reduce my files size.

I promiss i will upload (oh pain, here is 128K to upload....13KBPS)

regards,

Carlos

destroyer X said:

I think will be a little bit problematic to satisfy you my dear friend.

I have thousands (really) of images made...and they are very big.... some of them near 3 Megapixels each one...and to upload all this will last my lifetime.
--------------------
I promise i will upload (oh pain, here is 128K to upload....13KBPS)
regards,Carlos

My original camera images are also like 3 MB.
(When using maximal setting. I have 7 megapix camera)
Don't bother to upload such many BIG images
- Create a folder 'to-lineup_01', or whatever you call it
- Put inside this only SOME images you think I would like
- A selection of your photos, maybe even Resize those too big
After this you can 'add to ZIP archive' and upload.

- Next time you
- Create a folder 'to-lineup_02'

:)

Attachments

• 070213-galerias.png
    070213-galerias.png
    19 KB · Views: 245
:cool:

One other myth to 'Shoot Into Pieces'
( 'detonate' in carlos idioma ;) )
is:

:) changing a small detail in your amplifier
( lets say add 1.000uF to power supply filter capacitance )

will have greater impact for your sound impression
than
- change your listening position
- in your room environment some meter in any direction
- or change the position of your head - both ears position in relaton to speakers
- or move / remove one carpet on your room floor
- or change the position of 1 of those speakers a few degrees angle

People just dont realize which parameters
have greater impact and which have very little impact, in comparison

They even think, that they can detect and tell a sound difference, if adding a 'snubber' in power supply
when the listening conditions / positions in room CAN NOT be repeated in exactly same way
--------------------------

Sound wave obsevation is NOT like observing for example a VISUAL STATIC OBJECT.
Using example a camera to document this OBJECTS true position.

Sound waves are absorbed, disappear after used.
Then is a NEW Set of sound waves created.
This makes it close to impossible to make
scientifically valid and repeatable Testings
And this is what is required, according to Scientific Methods.

To claim any true validity ;)

lineup

I have busted, or at least proven to myself, that ceramic caps used for DC blocking are not "pure evil".

I was testing a headphone amp I just put together made out of all surface mount parts. The input caps are 2.2uf X7R ceramics. I decided to see if bypassing the ceramic with a fancy 3uf polypropylene would make a difference.

After the initial "pop" sound from the cap charging to the correct polarity/voltage there was absolutely no difference with the cap connected or not. I did this without shutting of the amp so I could instantly hear if there would be a difference. If I wasn't the one manually connecting and disconnecting the polypropylene, I wouldn't even have known it was there.

Conclusion: I'm either deaf, or there really is no discernible difference between the two caps.

In my imagination...the experience i have with friends...the special capacitors

defenders also do not perceive any difference..... and they do not perceive any difference because they do not make the test.

There are many guys that imagine some "circuit board virginity to be preserved"...and they construct with said good parts and never remove to check other...and they turn terrified if you try to install capacitors under the board...OH!...crime!!!!...they just do not accept those things as not good...not clean...not professional.

But the good use is to solder one side only...the two capacitors onder testing...and them move with something not magnetic and touch the circuit with a...and them remove a and insert B...hehe..normally they sound absolutelly the sam

But for Marketing reason...i suppose...or because prices politics...well.... if you construct an amplifier without Silver Mica people will say that the amplifier is cheap ship......that's what gonna happens.

I will not say that some capacitors cannot sound better.... i believe that some bad poliester capacitor may sound worst than a good ceramic one.... a wrong real capacitance in one can increase trebles..if the capacitive reactance is lower in some unit..

I have called my daugther...as you know..woman and very young normally have excelent ears...and i was replacing a Silver Mica and a ceramic one...i tried replacement in many amplifier points..
and asking her:

- Attention sweet honey...this one is better or this other one..and replacing.... i made for many minutes and using different sounds

She asked me:

- Have you fooled me daddy..you replaced nothing...you just touched the board to produce some noise... but i perceive that you did not change nothing...sound was the same!!!

She told!!!...not me!!!!

But i will he happy that people "Try by themselves"... many guys will discover nice things...never believe.... check by yourself...try it!

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.