Snap crackle pop, I KILLED MY AMP PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok so I posted a few weeks ago about repairing my Exposure XV integrated amp http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94964

So I descided to order both the ZTX452 and 552 and replace them. Turns out the parts are no longer made and have been replaced by the ZTX453 and 553 which are rated for a slightly higher voltage 120v verses 100v. So I replace the two parts in the power supply of my amp. And I plug it in and about 10seconds late POP, POP and two 47uf Philips capacitors completely exploded. I don't know what I did wrong and now Im afraid I did more damage then I started with:( Now I know you guys probably cant help to much without a schematic, Im still trying to find one. But if there is any advice or help you can offer i would really appreciate it. I love this little amp, it was my first piece of real hifi equipment. Here is a pic of the original parts, you can see the crack in the ztx552.

Attachments

• exposurexv1.jpg
    exposurexv1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 348
It was working fine until on day it just died. I opened it up and one of the little transistors was cracked, so I am asumming thats what caused it to die? I rechecked the ztx553 and 453 to see if they are in correctly and it look like I have it right. The side with the writing is the rounded side, correct.

If there was more wrong then the transistors wouldnt those capacitors have exploded origionally? They were fiune until I replaced the transistors. Im thinking that I put them in backwards even though I put them in the same way as the orgionals. I think possibly the newer parts are labeled in reverse compared to the old ones.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.