AV800 Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to build a power amp and was considering aussie aplifiers AV900. Does anyone have experience with this and how it sounds. Also any recent experiences of dealing with Anthony. I read some comments on this site that he may not be the most responsive on support issues.

Cheers

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have had built the AV800 amplifier.

My Experience was frustrating to say the least.

I have to say Anthony is willing to help however the instruction manual had errors regarding the components and their placement.

I do not wish to discredit Anthony or his reputation
However I hope Anthony has improved the instruction manual/component placement/parts list information, and I wish him all the best with his new site and amplifier range.

I have since constructed a different amplifier to satisfy my high power cravings.

-Dan

Hi

It is true that a few years ago when I was going through some
personal issues that, the assembly manual had a few errors.
and a number of people like yourself had some problems with the construction.
However the errors since that time have been corrected and many people have completed the AV800 and have been very happy with its performance.

I can assure you it is a very good amplifier.

My new range of amplifiers is selling great as well :)

Have a look at this thread from Hipofurtura who has recently dealt with me. Perhaps even email him, he will support my claims of very good support and quick replies should you require them.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1085075#post1085075

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi Anthony,

I am glad you ended up fixing that instruction manual.

To be honest I like the design/schematic of your amps in general.

Also congratulations on the new site and NX series they look good.

Also - to add to my previous post - to be fair I should say that the AV800 that i completed after fault finding performed very well.

-Dan

I haven't build the AV800, but recently built the AV400. I was so impressed with the quality of the amp and Anthony's support that I now have a second AV400. Everything went together nicely as per the documentation. No errors, surprises, or omissions. Due to my own ignorance I required more hand holding than I care to admit. Throughout the entire process Anthony was always prompt and pleasant with his help.

I believe you will be impressed with the AV800 and very pleased in your dealings with Anthony - a very nice guy with a great product. Don

Best Improvment

Hii, Im a new in DIYAUDIO FORUM

at the first time i read all posted in amplifier solid state division
i read from page 429 to page 15 this day :bawling:

I read about aussie amplifier in all posting from the audio forum, website not change in few years letter until his create a greatest creation and all opinion about him from all DIY members

I always laughing when i remember someone posting about Quasy [aussie] vs [aussie] Holton
[ Anthony E Holton is best creator but the worst marketer :D ]

At the first time, i dont care much ... i care about i must build the best amplifier for my TOTEM FOREST :hot: :hot: :hot:

But after i know very much about him from reading very much opinion from a lot of member i became one of his FANS :smash:

And i will be one of the first buyer in NX 400 after i make a lot discussion with him. To me no matter the best or the worst amp he was creation but im sure i will build the best because Anthony E Holton always STAND BY ME he is always there when i need him

I suggest you to correspondence first to him.
The coolest :angel: saint, i think

regards
jeffry_widjaja@yahoo.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.