Yamaha Integrated AX-380 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th February 2007, 02:27 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to JasonLee Send a message via MSN to JasonLee Send a message via Yahoo to JasonLee
Default Yamaha Integrated AX-380

I got a cheap AX-380 used integrated. Problem with this amp is it can only play with "CD Direct". If i press on other source the LED lid up. but no sound regardless input signal are feed through CD / Tuner / Aux / Tape. Anyone had trouble shoot this fault before. Input selector is contactless. CD direct / source is a push button 2 pole 2 way switch. Thanks alot !
Old 5th February 2007, 02:44 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Could be a low voltage power supply problem.Hard to say without a schematic.Pop the cover and look for obvious problem ie. blown fuse or burnt resistor ,etc. The input select chip(s) may not be getting the 5vdc VCC power. Thats my SWAG...
Old 5th February 2007, 06:21 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to JasonLee Send a message via MSN to JasonLee Send a message via Yahoo to JasonLee
Quote:
Originally posted by XEAGLEKEEPER
Could be a low voltage power supply problem.Hard to say without a schematic.Pop the cover and look for obvious problem ie. blown fuse or burnt resistor ,etc. The input select chip(s) may not be getting the 5vdc VCC power. Thats my SWAG...
I did suspect those chips might failed, but when i depress any of the in put. The LED lid up accordingly. Anyway, will measure the 5V Vcc supply & check on the CD Direct switch & see if had a bad contact.
Old 5th February 2007, 09:56 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

sounds like a good plan.
Old 5th February 2007, 11:14 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks, As a new member. I would choose not to start a new tread. But, I had also got a BMB Karaoke amp having quite the same problem. This amp don't have any selector switch. It will automaticaly switch to last signal source that signal is feed in. Dose it using the similar chips. Is there a propername for these kind of non machanical selector ? Any inputs are welcome!
Old 6th February 2007, 01:41 AM   #6
Leolabs is offline Leolabs  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Leolabs
If my guessing was right,both the Yamaha and the BMB sure are having problems with the input selector chip.You may try to post the picture of them(internal,esp area near the input RCAs) to know which kind of chip are they using(possibly Toshiba or New Japan Radio).
Old 19th August 2007, 11:14 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default AX-380

Leolaps, The chip this amp used is CD4052BC & CD4053BC. I ihad download the datasheet of these chips. It's called Multiplexer / Demultiplexter. I have maesured with a digital multi tester, could not find any 5v supply. +15 & -15v is there.. any help ?
Old 19th August 2007, 01:24 PM   #8
Leolabs is offline Leolabs  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Leolabs
try to measure the pins around the 4052/3.

Hide this!Advertise here!