Please help. Begginer question about an amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
Recently bought an kit amp. It uses 2xMJ11015 & 2xMJ11016 darlington transistors being a bridged amp (400W output at 4 ohmi, that's the value entered in it's prospect). A TDA7250 is used as a driver for these transistors.
The problem is that I have only a 2x25V at 400VA toroidal transformer. Altrought the 2x15000UF capacitors would give me some extra volts this woun't be enought. How much power can I get using this transformer?

Another problem is that the amp stops itself for about 2 sec. when playing at high volume on output impedances ranging 4-8 ohmi. I haven't yet figure out what are the exact values for this. It isn't thermal related, from what I think. Being a bridged amp from 2 complementary pairs that would normally give a 200W @ 4 ohm output, I think it would be 8 ohms, the minimum impedance that is needed for the amp to operate propperly. However even at 8ohms these 2 sec stops occur sometimes.
Can anyone assist me with some tips.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.