Need some amplifier advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive been looking at http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/ampl/canck260.htm this amp kit for a while now. The specs on paper look pretty descent and I think it would be a good starting amp with plenty of power to boot. Its relatively cheap and looks simple to build. My first goal is to keep costs down as i am a college student...the only thing ive been having trouble with is finding a cheap transformer for it. The specs call for 24 to 32V AC Transformer / 2A or 24 to 32VDC at 2A. Do you guys know of a place online to get one?

"you will only need to use one half of the split secondary, but you will have a transformer that you can use in the future for amplifiers requiring bipolar (+/-) supplies."

If he wants to do that he would need a 48VCT transformer.

The kit runs off a single ended supply with cap coupled outputs.

Hi,
the guys/gals before are right.
Spend the money on a transformer that can be used on your next project.

You need 25Vac or 30Vac @ 2.5A to 3A now.

I suggest you buy either 50Vac centre tapped or 60Vac centre tapped @ 150VA or 200VA. spec looks like 30-0-30V 150VA.

An exact equivalent to the centre tapped is a dual secondary this has two secondary windings on it. spec looks like 30-0 + 30-0V 150VA.

This transformer will allow you to build a chipamp stereo amplifier with about 50W+50W into 8ohms.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.