problem with my amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have an Onkyo A9511 amplifier, which still works fine. However, when it is still cold, the sound is cracking or even absent. fiddling with the source selector makes it disapear. When the amplifier runs for half an hour or so, it works perfectly. Could anyone give me a suggestion what the source is of this problem and how i can get started to fix it?

cheers, Marco

sounds like dirty or oxidized contacts on your source switch. try cleaning the switch contacts with something like De-Oxit. also check any connections between the circuit board and the switch for bad solder. i usually just reflow all of the solder just to make sure......

unclejed613 said:
sounds like dirty or oxidized contacts on your source switch. try cleaning the switch contacts with something like De-Oxit. also check any connections between the circuit board and the switch for bad solder. i usually just reflow all of the solder just to make sure......

The things to often need a replace or fix
in old amplifiers:

- Switches on/off in the front
- Source selectors, that you turn
- Potentiometers, especially volume, which is used often
- Wet Electrolyt Capacitors, often in power supply but also sometimes in circuit

First to get worn out is anything moving, mechanical stress
and anything having liquid, will dry out.

lineup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.