Advice for Novice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DIYaudioers,

I've browsed your site with great interest and impressed with many of the designs, projects and advice given however much of this above me.

I'm considering building two monoblocks for my Epos ES22 speakers. From limited advice I've been given to date, I guess I'm looking for around 100 W/channel into these 6 Ohm, 87 dB/W/m 3-way speakers. I have seen several designs on the net ranging from just that through to almost complete kits, including JLHood, Leach, ESP, White Noise and Aspen. With my limited experience, these last two would seem most appropriate.

Can anyone please enlighten me as to the relative performance of the above designs/suppliers. How do these compare to branded alternatives such as the Musical Fidelity X-A200s?

I would also like to allow for a future upgrade and I was considering passive bi-amping with one amp feeding the base, the other the mid/tweeter, (I have been informed that little information is available on the Epos crossovers and defeating of the internal ones is not straightforward). Given the relatively short speaker cable lengths, would this arrangement offer significant improvement over the single amp design or would I be better investing in greater power and/or one of the audiofile upgrade options available?

Thanks in advance,

Little Eddy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.