HPSA1000-R for Dayton HF15 midbass/dipole/line array

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can get these amplifiers pretty cheap ($270 shipped/each) and was wondering if theyd work with a dipole midbass line array.

I will have 2 of them, each powering a tower of 4 HF 15s on a 24 x 96" baffle operating up to 250/300hz.

The (4)15s per tower will each present a 4ohm load and I will run each amplifier as either the L or R channel.

Question: Can these operate as monoblocks in stereo operation (use one per channel) and can they extend to 250-300hz?

You can use two of'em for stereo, operating as monoblocks. I can't get info in the type of filtering they used, but I'm sure there's a way to alter the filter to go higher...200-250hz isn't a great difference by the way...(it won't actually 'stop' at 200hz, it will go down with a slope....depending on the phase character of the drivers to follow-up you might get away with the 200hz filter....)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.