Nakamichi PA-7E/ 80V DC Voltage of main Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I measured 80VDC on the main caps, the service manual says it shut be 60VDC

My unit is a 220V PA-7E version.

So a little bit higher then 60VDC I wood expect but 80VDC ?

Can someone thell me if the Voltage I measured is ok or much to high.

There is no option to set the Transformer for 240VAC.

Thanks

What are the PSU caps rated at? that should tell you if your voltage is close to being correct.

If they are rated at 75v then 60vdc should be about right. if they are rate at 100V then 80v would be about right from what i have seen in most major MFG amplifiers.

Zc

djk said:
My DH500s are all 93V, the Soundcraftsman ran on a regulated 67V.

boy it has been so long since i have had my hands in a 500 i just dont remember, you may be right, i remmeber it was high.

But i have rebuilt at least a dozen Soundcraftsmen PCR-800, 840, 860, Pro-power, 450x2, and DJ-900 amps and they all ran +/-70

The scmatics i have show 70 as well.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

granted were only talking 3v

Thanks for the schematic. Although I have repaired several of these, I have never had a schematic of one.

You're right of course, a couple of volts won't make that much of a difference. I just wanted to make the point that the regulation allows them to start out with a lower voltage than normal and still produce full power out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.