Yet more BMM woes - anyone in the Netherland please help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Hi

I'm having trouble yet again with this company. I ordered in 2005 and eventually got things sorted after a delays, broken promises and even faulty goods. All that was rectified and I did receive an apology. The main problem seems to be a complete lack of communication.

This is the company:

http://www.bmm-electronics.com

I really don't know why I'm bothering with them yet again but anyway...

The story this time is that I ordered some PSU's for a total of £223. This was done on the 23rd December 06. I didn't expect to receive them anytime soon because of the Christmas break.

On the 27th I got an email stating my goods had shipped. I then emailed a week later to let them know nothing had arrived. I got no reply I then emailed on the 5th January asking for an update, again nothing.

Its now the 8th and I still haven't heard anything back from BMM despite 3 mails. I've looked around on their website and can see no information stating they are closed and I'd assume since they posted the parcel on the 27th that they are now open again for business.

I'm currently emailing them using the address provided on the 'contact' page of their website, which is: info@bmm-electronics.com

Some kind folks from the Netherlands helped me get my last problem with them sorted and I was wondering if anyone knows what the situation is this time.

I'm a patient guy and don't mind waiting for goods, I do it all the time because I often ship things from overseas. What I absolutely hate is being ignored because that just leaves me to surmise that I'm either being ripped off or I'm dealing with amateurs that don't care about their customers.

If there's a legitimate reason for the lack of reply and the no show of goods then I'll happily withdraw my comments here but it seems I'm running out of options once again.

BTW: I'm in the UK so its tough to call round or ring.

Many Thanks
Ant

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
janneman said:
I can give them a call tomorrow. What's your order ref etc? Did you try the on-line order tracking?

Jan Didden

Thanks Jan, it would put my mind at rest if someone could get in touch BMM. Not really bothered how long they take to arrive within reason, its just that my order has been marked as dispatched since the 27th, I've received nothing and my mails are going unanswered. Providing I get some sort of clarification and know my goods will arrive in the near future then I'm fine with that, its the not knowing what's going on that's annoying.

Details of the order are:

Order No: 107302
Items: 2x M2010R1 PSU's
Total: £223.36 (paid via Paypal)

I've also looked at the online tracking providing by BMM and all my details checkout OK, payment has been confirmed and finally the status of the order is marked 'Your order was completed and shipped' and has been so since the 27th December 06.

Once again Jan, thanks for taking time at to help a fellow DIY'er.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have been talking to them and apparently they are working to assemble your order, which is not a stock item but has to be build according to your order. I think you are aware of this fact and that it takes some weeks to complete them. Still, your order should not be shown as 'shipped' of course.

They received your email of yesterday evening 18.06 local time, and will reply either by email or phone today. Or so they promised.

Jan Didden

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Thanks Jan. They listed the items as stocked and ready for dispatch straight away(as shown by the green shopping cart next to the item), so the BS excuse about knowing that I had to wait is a joke. How would I know that when I have only 1 email from them in the space of nearly a month and the rest of them have been feeding me similar BS about how my order is on its way.

I still have not received my order, Jean did emailed to say that they'd be sent Thursday last week and a week later still nothing. My two worst internet shopping experiences, out of at least 50 or so, have both now been with BMM. I personally wouldn't recommend them at all.

I've now asked for a refund. I think at this point its the least BMM can do.

Hi ShinOBIWAN i had heaps of problems with them too, in the end i just gave up, i put my order in around mid - end of 2005 yes 2005 and still have not received them yet, but i managed to get them picked up by someone and i now beleive they are in good hands, hope fully i should have the item sometime in the near future. I dont think i will ever deal with them again in the future.

Regards

Bowdown

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
bowdown said:
Hi ShinOBIWAN i had heaps of problems with them too, in the end i just gave up, i put my order in around mid - end of 2005 yes 2005 and still have not received them yet, but i managed to get them picked up by someone and i now beleive they are in good hands, hope fully i should have the item sometime in the near future. I dont think i will ever deal with them again in the future.

Regards

Bowdown

Sorry to hear about that Bowdown. Looks like things will soon be sorted though.

The problem with delayed orders is that they hold up projects. This recent order with BMM was for some PSU modules to be used in an amp. However I've had everything ready and built since late December and I simply can't use it until I have PSU's. In the end I've given up on BMM and bought some from Aussieamp in Oz. I only placed the order for these yesterday and already I've had confirmation that they've been assembled and shipped.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Finally managed to get a refund after more messing around. Thanks for the help Jacco.

I understand Jean(the owner of BMM) is under a heavy workload. I have to scratch my head because upto 2 weeks between mails and some entirely ignored ones isn't good. I think if the service I just received is anything to go by then he won't be busy forever.

Glad its sorted and I have my money back but a shame that I had to bring this to a public forum and get assistance from a native of the Netherlands to get a result.

My advice would be to email Jean before ordering and check that he's got his act together and then order to avoid this situation I've just had.

Hey Jacco i tried to send you an email a few weeks ago but not sure if you got it or not. Im ready to get you to send it to me, just give me the costing and i will send you the money, do you have a paypal address by any chance as that would be the easiest way to get the cash to you. cheers man your a champ.

regards

Bowdown

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.