capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the experience with capacitors: i remove the plastic from electrolitic capacitors. So the sound is no more crispy and sharp, typical for transistorsound. I have done that with my Philips CDi 740 player, also with a Sony CDP XB-930 QS. I removed the plastic around the capacitors from ALL the electrolitics. The sound is more open, no more dull, more realistic and even the stereo image is broader, no 'electronic' sound. Who have also experience with that? Are there more trics to sound improvement?
Grtz, sigurd.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi sigurd,
Welcome to DiyAudio!

I doubt that it actually sounds better. The plastic would have zero effect on what is happening inside the can. You have, however, made your unit impossible to service without the service manual. Then it's just a pain to service.

There are plenty of threads covering what you are asking. Feel free to explore and search the site for some ideas.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.